Home
Posted By: 79S Backup plan - 09/03/15
Well U.S Army has thrown a wrench into my plans for 3rd season elk hunting in Colorado. I didn't get on the MB I was hoping to get on. Looks like my other option is once I get back turn in my 3rd season permits and try to get 4th rifle season permits if any are left over. Or head to Idaho and hunt with my buddy in unit 63. Which that is real dependent on the migration from what my buddy has told me. Man I cant wait to retire Uncle Sugar messing up to many hunts for me...
Posted By: AH64guy Re: Backup plan - 09/03/15
Hang in there,

It's been over 26 years for me, and the retirement packet was approved last week.

However, it may not be any easier getting time off in the "real" world, as things happen there as well. Few jobs give you 30 days of paid vacation a year.

I share your frustration, had similar delays over the years, and I missed some seasons hunting with my family that I wish I hadn't.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Backup plan - 09/03/15
Damn, that sucks...
Posted By: 79S Re: Backup plan - 09/03/15
Originally Posted by AH64guy
Hang in there,

It's been over 26 years for me, and the retirement packet was approved last week.

However, it may not be any easier getting time off in the "real" world, as things happen there as well. Few jobs give you 30 days of paid vacation a year.

I share your frustration, had similar delays over the years, and I missed some seasons hunting with my family that I wish I hadn't.

Yeah I shouldn't complain the Army never messed up any of my hunting in Alaska. But last year a last minute change and they took me to NTC missed 4th rifle. Now to oh your not on this MB your going on this one. I really don't have a legit reason to get on a earlier MB now. I can't tell my CSM hey I really need to get back cause I have a elk hunt planned LOL. Well all's not lost..
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Backup plan - 09/07/15
Been working for 30 years, still have to wait and see if I get elk season off every year. I am talking the 1st season in Colorado where you only have 5 days of elk hunting. I am waiting now for the time off approval for this year.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Backup plan - 09/08/15
frown !

Real sorry! Hate to hear.
Posted By: mudhen Re: Backup plan - 09/08/15
FWIW, we all appreciate the sacrifices you make in life to help keep us safe and free. Thanks!
Posted By: Huntinut Re: Backup plan - 09/08/15
Yeah, what he said ^^^^^^^^!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: 79S Re: Backup plan - 09/09/15
As of now I can hunt the last weekend of 3rd rifle season basically two days to hunt or hunt the last two days of the4th rifles season but I guess it's better than a kick in the nuts. My other plan is to hunt in Idaho..
Posted By: AH64guy Re: Backup plan - 09/09/15
I'll in the Idaho woods this weekend, last year I can hunt as a resident.

Hope it works out, World Airlines waiting sucks...

I was stuck torch and trail on most trips, that plan got me a 16 month tour once.
Posted By: SKane Re: Backup plan - 09/09/15
Originally Posted by mudhen
FWIW, we all appreciate the sacrifices you make in life to help keep us safe and free. Thanks!

THIS!!!!!
Posted By: 4ager Re: Backup plan - 09/09/15
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by mudhen

THIS!!!!!

Agreed!
I'm just complaining and I need to stop smile I have it a lot better than a lot of other folks.. But if a Soldier isn't complaining then something wrong smile Should be happy we only do 8-9 month deployments now and not 12..
Also thanks guys for the continued support you give to the service member's of this country.
Posted By: 4ager Re: Backup plan - 09/09/15
Originally Posted by 79S
I'm just complaining and I need to stop smile I have it a lot better than a lot of other folks.. But if a Soldier isn't complaining then something wrong smile Should be happy we only do 8-9 month deployments now and not 12..

If a Soldier (or a Jarhead) ain't complaining, that's because he's dead, drunk, or getting laid (and even then it ain't a given).
Posted By: The_Yetti Re: Backup plan - 09/09/15
Originally Posted by 79S

Figures.... Career Counselor always complaining......
Posted By: 79S Re: Backup plan - 09/10/15
Originally Posted by The_Yetti
Originally Posted by 79S

Yep that's me.... Always complaining...
Posted By: The_Yetti Re: Backup plan - 09/10/15
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

Just giving you some crap, you could complain all day being in this brigade and no one could fault you for it!
Posted By: 79S Re: Backup plan - 09/10/15
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

Just giving you some crap, you could complain all day being in this brigade and no one could fault you for it!

You should see the [bleep] show going on right now.. and they wonder why people are jumping ship from this outfit.
Posted By: The_Yetti Re: Backup plan - 09/10/15
I can imagine with how it is here.... stupidity run rampant!
© 24hourcampfire