Home
Gents,

Those who make the choices, are having a meeting about the future introduction of possibly 2 subspecies of wolves in Colorado, on Jan 13-14.

This is pressure, emails, petitions and politics from OUTSIDE Colorado moving this forward.

Help us out, send an email stating you choose option 2, NO introduction/re-introduction of any wolf species in CO to:

[email protected]

We all saw what happened in ID, MT and WY, and the increasing problems everywhere else. Lets make our voices heard this time!
Link? Thanks.
http://rockymountainwild.org/take_action/wolfmeeting

http://rmefblog.blogspot.com/2016/01/call-to-action-colorado-wolf-proposal.html
GGRRrrrrr! The bastards just can't leave things alone.

I bet that a wolf and a coyote look the same thru a rifle scope... mad
Email sent to them
CO will have all the wolves they need all too soon. ID has nicely seeded WA, OR and other states. The Yellowstone pack hasn't exactly stayed put. They're prolific and mobile.
Posted By: atse Re: Wolf introduction in Colorado - 01/13/16
Wolves have likely already reintroduced themselves.
Hate to break the news to you but you already have them.
I have been told by someone who should know that wolf scat has been collected in Brown's Park. Identified by DNA, not "expert" eyeballing.
S.S.S
You guys realize there is a big difference between some wolves moving in (that hopefully get the SSS treatment) and entire PACKS being introduced at the same time, in several places, right? Those will be more acknowledged wolves ON TOP of the "incidental" wolves that moved in.

Either way, as it stands they voted, narrowly, on action 2, to not introduce them. Still can happen by legislature.
Sent this morning.
I would use caution on the SSS treatment. Some of them dogs have hidden tracking devices.

We now have a pack in our elk area and the USFWS was up to some shady sheit tracking them during our hunting season.

Originally Posted by MileHighShooter
Gents,

Those who make the choices, are having a meeting about the future introduction of possibly 2 subspecies of wolves in Colorado, on Jan 13-14.

This is pressure, emails, petitions and politics from OUTSIDE Colorado moving this forward.

Help us out, send an email stating you choose option 2, NO introduction/re-introduction of any wolf species in CO to:

[email protected]

We all saw what happened in ID, MT and WY, and the increasing problems everywhere else. Lets make our voices heard this time!

There are real world choices:

Fist Choice; don't allow Colorado to introduce wolves, then have a breeding pair show up in Colorado, which will automatically be classified as endangered or threatened, have the Feds take over management of wolves and everything that will go with it.

Second Choice; allow Colorado to introduce wolves under our own management plan, keeping the Feds out of it, and having virtually full control over how wolves are managed.

First choice is quite possible, and as time goes on increasingly likely.

Second choice is the method Colorado used to head off Federal listing and retain complete management control of another large predator currently residing in Colorado.

Do you know what that predator is?

Casey

Lynx.
Originally Posted by smokepole
Lynx.

Bingo--and it saved everybody a whole lot of headaches. The USFWS was so thrilled for Colorado to take that particular headache off their hands they GAVE Colorado $250k to help defray the costs of reintroduction.

Granted, wolf restoration would not be so simple as lynx......

Casey
I live not far from the Colo. line in air miles.. One of the gals that lives up the creek that I often hunt coyotes on said they have seen a black one up there.. She kind of blew it off to begin with, but she and her family have spotted it..
Posted By: atse Re: Wolf introduction in Colorado - 01/14/16
Originally Posted by wyoelk
I would use caution on the SSS treatment. Some of them dogs have hidden tracking devices.

We now have a pack in our elk area and the USFWS was up to some shady sheit tracking them during our hunting season.

this is an urban legend. I've collared a fair number of wolves, and there is no such device. Only collars and GPS collars that give off the location,usually in12 hour intervals. Wolves can have pit tags put I them, but those have to be scanned from about a foot away, with something like a grocery scanner. They give the age, date, and location of the capture. No magic voodoo devices.
Originally Posted by atse
Originally Posted by wyoelk

this is an urban legend.

I call BS. How can you have an urban legend in Wyoming?
Posted By: atse Re: Wolf introduction in Colorado - 01/15/16
Rural legend??? Old wives tale? Ghost story? Ha!
One wolf wandered down to southern Oregon and found a mate. What's the odds in that happening? Alpinecrick is correct, let the state take control. Keep the friggn feds out of everything, states should have control.
Wolves are already in North Central Colorado.
2014 we were told that guys thought they heard them in archery season.

2015 a confirmed wolf was "mistakenly shot for a coyote"

Supposedly a rancher within a few miles of where we hunt shot 3 this spring that after his calves.

And I know what I saw this year in 4th season

Hopefully SSS will keep them from becoming an issue.
They are bound and determined to turn Colorado's elk population into Yellowstone's. Of course then you won't need those nasty scoped sniper rifles.
The elimination of hunting via wolf introduction is one possible theory. No game animals equals no need for hunters.
Where the hell did I put my tin foil hat?
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk
The elimination of hunting via wolf introduction is one possible theory. No game animals equals no need for hunters.
Where the hell did I put my tin foil hat?
Its not a theory. The anti-hunting bunch said it themselves years ago. They printed it in one of their anti-hunting magazines and I read it. Ever since I've regretted not keeping that magazine but at the time I thought it was nonsense. Boy, was I wrong! It was one of their stated goals. It took them quite a few years to get their people in positions of power in the USFWS and Forest Svc but they got it done. The wolves in Id/MT/WY are the result.

It backfired to some extent because they never dreamed that the feds would ever allow wolf hunting and their pets becoming game animals themselves. In ID, for example, they set 150 breeding pairs as the limit for delisting. Then they tried to backtrack when that goal was met and have done everything they could to prevent delisting in spite of their 150 pair goal being met several times over.
Was the Mexican Grey wolf ever present in Colorado? Most of the maps show the historical ranges northern limit as central Arizona and New Mexico. It's quite possible their was an integrade area of Grey Wolves in Colorado.

Is it that these are the closest wolves available to what used to reside in Colo? Either way better the smaller Lobo than the huge northern variety of grey wolf.
I've seen some news reports shorten 'Mexican Gray Wolf' to 'Grey Wolf'.
I honestly haven't followed it closely but isn't there an enormous difference in the meaning there?
Originally Posted by CoElk101
S.S.S

That's the answer. Just don't wait till it's too late like Mt.,Id, and probably Or., Wa. F&G won't act until it's too late. The funny thing is people continue to support the nonsense buy buying hunting license's to hunt a decimated elk herd. Sickening. I like ss (Shoot and shutup) Don't waste time finding the vermin as they don't deserve a burial and it is a good way to get caught by someone who hears a shot and gets nosy.
Originally Posted by ricknmontana
Originally Posted by CoElk101
S.S.S

it is a good way to get caught by someone who hears a shot and gets nosy.

Well then,....... S.S.S.S.

Shoot. Suppressed. Shovel. Shut-up........
Rock Chuck is 100% correct t its not that they love Wolves its that they hate hunting. The goal is to reduce hunting period. Good luck trying to stop it now its like trying to stop a avalanche with your hands. Its so frustrating
You won't stop the federal introduction. The best you can do is work to get them off the endangered list so the state fish & game people can take over management. That's what ID did and now we can hunt them.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
You won't stop the federal introduction.

It's been stopped.
They'll be back. The anti's have unlimited funds and a lot of ears to bend in high places.
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
You won't stop the federal introduction.

It's been stopped.

The feds asked NM Game and Fish Commission for a permit to add ten additional Mexican wolves from captive breeding facilities into the wild. The commission denied both the original request and the subsequent appeal. However Sherri Barrett, the recovery coordinator, said that although the feds are required to consult with the states, they have the authority to proceed without the state's cooperation.

From a recent article in the online edition of Science Magazine;

Federal policy requires FWS to consult state agencies and comply with their permitting processes when releasing endangered animals from captivity, even when releases are made on federal land. But there’s one exception: If a state agency prevents the service from fulfilling its statutory responsibilities, the feds can go over the state’s head.
Seems like if the feds wanted to force it in CO, they'd have already done so.
They have to get NM and AZ "straightened out" first...
The whole thing is a response to a concerted effort on the part of the enviros to enlarge the projected occupied range in the upcoming recovery plan. So far, the northern boundary is I-40 in north-central Arizona and New Mexico.

The two big sticking points now between the enviros and the biologists are (1) the size at which the Mexican wolf will be deemed "recovered" (the enviros are advocating for 1,300 wolves) and the extent of the occupied range (the enviros want to include all of New Mexico and Arizona, as well as southwestern Colorado and southern Utah).

The feds will not take a formal position until a draft recovery plan is submitted for public comment. However, there is no point in not making your desires known to your elected representatives--federal, state. and local.
It looks to me like they are saying that if they make their way here on their own then OK but there will be no introduction of them.

http://cpw.state.co.us/Documents/Commission/policy_procedures/PWC_Resolution_Wolves_in_Colorado.pdf
Yup, and that has been the position for the last few years.
I am thinking when the first one of these is dragged away by a wolf...
[Linked Image]

The kids of course...
© 24hourcampfire