Home
Posted By: colorado bob Labor Day weekend - 08/30/16
It's Labor Day Weekend, time for my annual grouse hunt. It's not really a hunt--more like taking the 870 for a walk while scouting for elk sign. If I see a grouse that's a bonus. the next 2 months are the best time of year--golden aspens & bugling bulls.
Posted By: smokepole Re: Labor Day weekend - 08/30/16
Also, bear season😀!!
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Labor Day weekend - 08/30/16
Right now with this cold wet weather, dove season don't look good
Posted By: WyoCoyoteHunter Re: Labor Day weekend - 08/30/16
Cold wet weather? Wow, we have not had a rain since May!
We will be out for grouse the first.. My elk hunting area is not a good grouse spot though!! Best of luck.
Posted By: kennymauser Re: Labor Day weekend - 08/30/16
I am going out Thursday morning for the opener for grouse. Going high for mountain grouse. It's too Damn hot and dry around home to hunt sharptails,Huns & doves.
It's 94 degrees right now and is supposed to be hotter the next few days.

Ken
Posted By: 7mmMato Re: Labor Day weekend - 08/30/16
Originally Posted by colorado bob
It's Labor Day Weekend, time for my annual grouse hunt. It's not really a hunt--more like taking the 870 for a walk while scouting for elk sign. If I see a grouse that's a bonus. the next 2 months are the best time of year--golden aspens & bugling bulls.

Good Luck Bob no better time to be in the Mountains than September. Hope you find some Elk.
Posted By: BeanMan Re: Labor Day weekend - 08/30/16
I'll be on the Uncompahgre Plateau doing much the same with the exception of having a fall turkey license.

You going to be up Smokepole?
Posted By: smokepole Re: Labor Day weekend - 08/31/16
Yep driving up either Thursday evening or Friday morning, then me and the one-eyed wonder dog will be out looking for bears.
Posted By: colorado bob Re: Labor Day weekend - 08/31/16
Bean----Maybe next year we will be scouting for a moose! smile
Posted By: deltakid Re: Labor Day weekend - 08/31/16
You guys are making me cry - I grew up on the plateau, hunting and just plain wandering. I cannot count the number of arrowheads I found, or the chokecherry bushes that we would pick for Mom to make jelly and syrup from. Good luck to you all!

Jim
Posted By: BeanMan Re: Labor Day weekend - 08/31/16
CB, I hope so!
Posted By: Taco2fiddy7 Re: Labor Day weekend - 09/04/16
Have seen quite a few grouse up around 11k feet while scouting
© 24hourcampfire