Home
[Linked Image]
Opening day of Saskatchewan regular elk season was good for our group. We took 4 elk for 5 hunters, a pretty awesome day. Saskatchewan elk don't get much exposure in the USA, I suppose mainly because we aren't allowed to share, the hunt is for residents only. So I thought you might enjoy seeing how we did.

We had at least 4 bulls bugling at first light, and two groups of wolves howling as well. This was all within a 2 mile area. It was a short but exciting hunt. We can hunt either sex with over the counter tags, unlike most of the other elk ranges that I have read about. I passed up a cow in the morning and took an orphan calf in the evening. not as much meat as those bulls, but delicious and I don't need any more bone on my walls. My old Brno 22f 7x57 is still doing its job well at 67 years of age.
[Linked Image]
Great opening day harvest ! Congratulations !
Nice, they appear to be in good shape too, congratulations.
Nice! A very civilized looking elk hunt!

Brno 22F's have long been among my favorite rifles, yours is a beauty.

Well done! Good looking Bulls!! Love that Brno!
Originally Posted by Brad
Nice! A very civilized looking elk hunt!

The meat hauling part looks much more appealing than with a backpack and pair of boots..... grin
Wow,

Awesome hunt,congrats. I too have a Brno 22F in 7x57,it does get extra points for style.
I like your style...looks like "loads" of fun to me. Congrats!

Wish you freaking Sask guys would share some of those bigassed muleys with us.
Congratulations
Man nice rifle . Looks like a very fun hunt and gret group of fellow hunters.
Did you guys wear waistcoats, jodhpurs and ties too?
Sounds like a great opener,unless you were #5 laugh
but really 4 out of 5 is great
Actually #5 was content to see a few and not pull the trigger. He was a professional butcher and helped us process a couple right in camp. Nice guy.
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
Did you guys wear waistcoats, jodhpurs and ties too?

We are guilty of taking elk hunting to quite "civilized" levels, but not quite that much. A toast to the elk with some 10 yr old port around the campfire in the evening while wearing our fuzzy lounging pants had to suffice.
It's a tough row to hoe, but somebody's gotta do it.
Originally Posted by castnblast
Actually #5 was content to see a few and not pull the trigger. He was a professional butcher and helped us process a couple right in camp. Nice guy.

I would be too,specially if some of the loins made it to the grill,,,,
Congrats! Way better then my regular season hunt haha
Originally Posted by castnblast
We are guilty of taking elk hunting to quite "civilized" levels, but not quite that much. A toast to the elk with some 10 yr old port around the campfire in the evening while wearing our fuzzy lounging pants had to suffice.

Good Port is always a good way to end the day!
Nicely done
Very nice guys. We have great opportunities here in Sask. Looks like you had thre kind of hunt you'll all remember for a long time. Cheers
your nice gentlemen
Excellent!!!!
Nice! No mountains to climb either..
Nice
That is a nice load of elk.
I'm speechless... and more than a bit jealous. Nice work gents!
Lot of meat!!
© 24hourcampfire