Home
Headed to colorado for the 4th elk season. I have a bull tag for units 3/301. I know its warm and little to no snow, just wondering if the elk are moving in that area. I have killed bulls in this area in the past in both warm and snowy weather just excited and curious if the elk are on the move yet. Thanks in advance.
4th season might be the season to hunt this yr.. last yr I guess the elk migrated during 3rd season. So unless 3rd season gets real cold and starts snowing those elk will not be in hurry to migrate..

Storm is predicted starting aound Friday in most parts of the high country of Colorado, that will help regardless of what unit you're in.

Casey
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

Storm is predicted starting aound Friday in most parts of the high country of Colorado, that will help regardless of what unit you're in.

Casey

We are taking off Friday afternoon I have a 3rd season deer tag, two buds have elk tags hoping to find them an elk
Warm, dry, and sunny is what my forecast looks like. Taking my .444 Marlin for timber hunts. I have a feeling I will be spending a lot of time in the lodgepoles...
Well finally got snow out here
Yes the snow hopefully will help the movement
I went along with 3 friends that drew 4th season either sex tags they hunted a private ranch north of Chromo, CO. Ended up being 3 hunters and 5 of us who did not draw along for the fun and to help out.

It was a great week in the mountains and lots of Elk but no Bulls worth shooting but they each got a cow!
© 24hourcampfire