Home
Reading all I can find on elk hunting and came across Kentucky as an elk hunting state. Had no idea. Looks like getting pull for a tag is a crap shoot.

Charlie
I'm a resident and have been applying since the beginning and will continue to but If I actually want to hunt I go west...
TN resident and have been applying as a non-res every year since they opened the draw. No luck so far.
Originally Posted by jds44
TN resident and have been applying as a non-res every year since they opened the draw. No luck so far.

Same
Originally Posted by Tom264
Originally Posted by jds44

Same

Same same. But if I ever get the tag...... laugh laugh
I applied for a cow rifle tag for next year. Thought if I didn't score in Colorado I could fill the freezer if drawn. Got a coworker who has a cousin that leases 1800 acres for elk hunting. He says it's a certainty to bag a cow. I know many guys at work who have drawn tags. The guy who owns property across the road from me took the new state record bull last year. It green scored 408 3/8 and officially scored at 377 3/8. [Linked Image]
that bull was a beast.
IT IS GETTING READY TO GET HARDER TO DRAW.FISH AND GAME IS LOWERING TAGS TO ONLY 700.ALL ABOUT THE MONEY.OUR HERD IS IN GOOD SHAPE NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY AND WILL STILL HAVE AS MANY APPLY.
curious with Kentucky: is it a tag that is good for the whole elk hunt area except the special draw sections?

or is each tag only good for a management unit/county?
Originally Posted by Tim_B
curious with Kentucky: is it a tag that is good for the whole elk hunt area except the special draw sections?

or is each tag only good for a management unit/county?

I'm pretty sure once you've drawn a tag you get assigned to a region... but I'll let you know for sure if I ever get drawn...
Been entering for years, never been drawn. Sounds like that is normal for a non-res.
I put in for 9 years got drawn for cow this year 2016. Its hard to get drawn in Kentucky.
the whole state puts in as well as out of state.
At least the calendar is nice!

Buy the way If you get drawn for Bull Elk you have to waite 3 years to apply
again for Elk tag
It'd take me 3 years to get the grin off my face.
© 24hourcampfire