Home
Posted By: 79inpa bugle tube - 12/18/18
I just got into elk hunting with the bow last year. One blow of my plastic elk bugle and my hunting partner informed me that it sounded more like a new years kazoo than an elk. Now i'm in the market for another elk bugle tube. What do you guys recommend?
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: bugle tube - 12/18/18
critr-call and a chunk of shopvac hose.....
Posted By: ribka Re: bugle tube - 12/18/18
Learn to use a diaphragm call

Type of tube not important
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: bugle tube - 12/18/18
cow call
Posted By: BeanMan Re: bugle tube - 12/18/18
Yep

Originally Posted by ribka

Posted By: Dogpopper Re: bugle tube - 12/19/18
Power bugle. Easy for a beginner. When you get the hang of a diaphragm the main housing comes off and you can use the tube as you feel comfortable as well.
Posted By: alpinecrick Re: bugle tube - 12/19/18
Originally Posted by ribka

This^^

First elk I ever killed answered my truck horn.........
Posted By: Bob_H_in_NH Re: bugle tube - 12/19/18
Originally Posted by Dogpopper
Power bugle. Easy for a beginner. When you get the hang of a diaphragm the main housing comes off and you can use the tube as you feel comfortable as well.

+1 here, power bugle is easy to learn and if you are comfy with a diaphram you pull off the mouth piece and have a bugle tube, 2 calls in 1!

Took me about 5 minutes sitting on the porch with a guide to be "decent" with the power bugle.

That same guide used a 10 inch piece of PVC pipe as his bugle tube, called in multiple bulls for me.
Posted By: ribka Re: bugle tube - 12/19/18
I’ve heard many bulls over the years make some pretty lame bugles.

Next thing to learn is not to overuse your calls which is not easy
Posted By: BeanMan Re: bugle tube - 12/20/18
Practice in your truck on the way to work so The Wife doesn’t kill you.
Posted By: mgorm16640 Re: bugle tube - 12/31/18
Best advice ever..
Posted By: Dogshooter Re: bugle tube - 12/31/18
Originally Posted by huntsman22
critr-call and a chunk of shopvac hose.....

Like this one? It’s actually a cheap bugle tube, with one of our extensions fastened to it.... works like a champ.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: TwoBear Re: bugle tube - 01/09/19
Originally Posted by 79inpa
I just got into elk hunting with the bow last year. One blow of my plastic elk bugle and my hunting partner informed me that it sounded more like a new years kazoo than an elk. Now i'm in the market for another elk bugle tube. What do you guys recommend?

Listen, do yourself a favor. Go get some mouth diaphragms and learn to call. https://greatdaysoutdoors.com/2017/08/building-your-own-bugle-tube/ hit this link and build your own tube in 20 minutes and about 10 bucks. Trust me, you will sound great and you can laugh at your buddy because he uses a factory tube.;-)
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: bugle tube - 01/09/19
do you grunt after laughing?
© 24hourcampfire