Home
Has anybody run into this stuff,......Bone stock regular Lake City 5.56 Nato with typical Mil Headstamps,......once fired NO primer pocket crimp.

Not complaining mind you, I had a CRAP LOAD of it come my way, I reckon it was fired on FT Huachuca, quite a WHILE AGO.

thanks in advance, I figure if anybody knows, it'll be here on this forum

GTC
http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=FA556UPB&src=tpCtg Several different sources.
thank you

gtc
Overruns from federals LC production and or didn't meet LC govt spec and was simply loaded withotu the crimp for sale to the public instead of military.

Only other LC brass that I"m aware of that doesn't have crimp is military LC match ammo and though I'm not sure but suspect now that match ammo is allowed in combat, I suspect even the LR stuff has crimps.
well, thanks for the input,....I shot with the guy I got it from yesterday, and it looks like (from what he can remember) he picked it up in the Border Patrol Area of our range,some years back.

Dated 05,08,09,......

GTC
Would make sense that BP picked up some overruns/ non spec stuff on the cheap for quals...

Hmmmm, I'm not all that hip on the military stuff, but about 6-7 years ago I bought out a reloading bench. Among the items were two 50 cal ammo cans plumb full of LC 5.56 brass, all dated from 95-99. None of it I can tell has crimped primer pockets.

Casey
Casey,
Scharch and RVO have been selling decrimped once-fired for years. They do such a good job polishing it that it looks like new.
Dittos on that.
© 24hourcampfire