Home
Posted By: Teal Is there a list? - 04/15/12
Is there a list or resource somewhere that I can find out what's available to me in my area for shooting?

Specifically talking about F class or long range/tactical type of comps?

1. I'd like to go see one/watch

2. It's something that interests me - to perhaps become a participant, just for giggles.

So is there a place where I can search for them in WI if so - a hint would be nice. Hitting Google with "F class in WI" gets me mostly lists of felonies.

Posted By: FTR_Shooter Re: Is there a list? - 04/16/12
Yes.
Posted By: BarryC Re: Is there a list? - 04/16/12
NRA Shooting Sports USA

http://www.nrapublications.org/ssusa/
Posted By: Teal Re: Is there a list? - 04/16/12
Barry - thank you. The only place I know if is Lodi and that's 2.5 hours or so away and with a range membership of over 300 bucks - I'm hoping to find something closer.
Posted By: FTR_Shooter Re: Is there a list? - 04/16/12
Posted By: Mr_TooDogs Re: Is there a list? - 04/16/12
Eau Claire National Rifle Club

Frank Knusta 715-832-7003?

John VanToll 715-210-4623?

http://www.wi-force.org/2012_Match_Programs/120428-29_EauClaire.pdf

Many prone matches in WI combine f-class, palma, aros, etc. EauClaire might be closer for you Teal. The April 28 shoot should have f-class entries.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Is there a list? - 04/16/12
I don't think Lodi would charge but match fees if thats all you shoot, but if you want the ability to shoot anytime, then you pay a membership.

I could be wrong.
Posted By: Teal Re: Is there a list? - 04/16/12
Yeah - Local ranges here go to 100 and their fees are in the 40 to 50 dollar range and I've never shot on a public range (save getting my CCW in TX), always had my own in the UP.

I wouldn't feel all that great about my chances to shoot a comp if I had never shot at that distance.
Posted By: Mr_TooDogs Re: Is there a list? - 04/17/12
Posted By: Triggernosis Re: Is there a list? - 04/24/12
Just go to a comp. and hang out, ask some questions.....before you know it you're liable to have a loaner rifle in your hands and be putting rounds down range. Comp. shooters are very accommodating of new shooters and those that just want to try things out.
© 24hourcampfire