Home
Posted By: simplyme Pacemaker's - 08/07/14
Anyone shooting with a pacemaker. Have you had any problems with shooting small bore or big bore rifles.
Posted By: Otto_Mitchell Re: Pacemaker's - 08/09/14
My dad has one, he doesn't shoot a lot but when he does it's 12ga or 7mm rem, he has seen no side effects, just make sure they put it in the opposite shoulder that you normally shoot.

Ryan
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Pacemaker's - 08/12/14
Wifey has shot a little with hers with no issues. Her surgeon installed her LVAD on left side too. So the perc line would not interfere with shooting. He was a hunter/shooter and understood the need!
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Pacemaker's - 08/12/14
Always good to have a doc who understands what we do.

DF
Posted By: waterrat Re: Pacemaker's - 08/18/14
I haven't had any problems shooting 100's of .30cal+ rounds a year with a box or 2 of 458's as well.
Posted By: SSB Re: Pacemaker's - 08/19/14
I had to give up competitive shotguns sports with mine. 500 rounds on a weekend made mine so inflamed it would bulge out. Opposite shoulder too. I can do 10 rounds of centerfire medium bore at a sitting...and hunting doesn't bother. I'm on my second one....no different. I think everyone is different. Good Luck!

Scott
Posted By: MissouriEd Re: Pacemaker's - 08/29/14
My wife has had no problems. She can shoot anything below 30:06 although she prefers her Brownings in 243 and 28 ga.
Posted By: headspace Re: Pacemaker's - 09/23/14
My biggest issue is the sling bearing right across the thing. A cuff style sling solves that.
© 24hourcampfire