Home
1st and 3rd place in the Presidents 100 were won by Texas shooters. Actually second place also, but he is stationed in Alabama. The 1st and 3rd place shooters used the new March scope. At least the #1 shooter was shooting a Shilen barrel chambered by a friend, Bamban. He may have done others. He did all of the Texas Junior Shooters and they are shooting Shilens.
I am rooting for them.

Bravo !

Kudos !

...further loud and raucous celebratory noise and fireworks as required !

GTC
Thanks for the update Butch.
Just making the President's Hundred cut in rifle at Perry is a bitch...bizarre wind, sometimes rain, or heat, bright sun and wind. An advanced rifleman's course of fire, with a little luck thrown in. Pistol ain't so easy, either.
Bob
Are there any worthy substitutes to the March scope .... $2700 is a big pill to swallow.
I believe they are $2338. and a military or police discount is 20%. Burris makes a scope for a little above $200.
I was told the winner of the Presidents also shot a 300/300 during the Hearst Double match!! I tried shooting with a contact lens. Did I ever tell you Perry is not the place to try something new mad
Keith Stephens is the man. The March scopes were used by the Texas teams. I'll list their accomplishments below.

In summary, here is what the team accomplished this year at Camp Perry. I believe the field is in the neighborhood of 1100, civilian and military conmbined

P100 - Keith, winner, Buddy 3rd
Alice Bull ( P100 and Individual Match) - Keith, winner, Buddy, 2nd
Pietroforte Trophy (Individual and Team aggregate) - Keith, winner and set a new National record, old record was set in 2012, Buddy is 4th
National Record, Senior P100 - Buddy
National Record, Elihu Root - Lee
Elihu Root Trophy, Lee, Keith, and Buddy. This is the 6 high civilians in the team match, TX had 3 of the 6 spots, Lee the high man, Keith was 2nd
Civilian Team, Soldier of Marathon Trophy, set a new National Civilian record for the team match. Beat the record that was established in 1990 by 32 points.
Overall Aggregate across 4 days of shooting - Keith, 3rd
Overall Aggregate across 4 days of shooting - Samantha Holt, 2nd place

I think they did a tremendous job.
Way to go folks! I was updated while at fire school this past week, and kept rooting for our TX folks!

Jeff
Not sure if he was an Aggie, but he winner was from College Station! WHOOP! Gig'em.
I believe Keith Stephens is an Aggie.
Its been years since I shot with Keith, but I too believe he is an Aggie.

Its not fair he was in a cooler state and winning at Perry while I was in Aggie land fighting fires. LOL.
What's left to burn .... I thought it rained some awesome amount all spring? Has it stopped raining?
LOL< fire school at TAMU Brayton field. Why they put us old phugs through it in July in TX is beyond me...
© 24hourcampfire