Home
Posted By: BigNate Pistol or SBR? - 11/25/20
Once again the ATF seems to have interpreted law an ruled that most of the AR pistols are now SBRs, due to the brace. If it was purchased assembled as a pistol, transferred as a pistol, how can they legally declare a previously legal pistol to be an SBR?

Link to Ammoland article.
Posted By: wareagle700 Re: Pistol or SBR? - 11/25/20
That’s not what the letter said. The ATF just clarified that certain models were never approved and asked that SB stop marketing them as approved by the ATF until they submit them for approval. They didn't even ask them to cease manufacturing.

If you don’t submit a request for approval, it can’t be denied. I say SB keep selling and everybody stop asking for permission.

It's like the kid in the back of the class raising her hand to let the teacher know she forgot to take up everyone's homework.
Posted By: viking Re: Pistol or SBR? - 11/25/20
Bastids.
Posted By: antelope_sniper Re: Pistol or SBR? - 11/26/20
The letter in question was issued in 2018.

Lot's of SB tactical braces sold since then. Not aware of any arrests.
Posted By: BigNate Re: Pistol or SBR? - 11/27/20
The part of this that is a bit concerning is they listed all the braces that were not evaluated and approved. I'm not going to send questions to anybody but it is a bit disconcerting. Should they declare braces illegal and there are millions of them out there, what recourse is there? Do they declare a grandfathering of the pistols sold previously?
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Pistol or SBR? - 11/28/20
Originally Posted by wareagle700
That’s not what the letter said. The ATF just clarified that certain models were never approved and asked that SB stop marketing them as approved by the ATF until they submit them for approval. They didn't even ask them to cease manufacturing.

If you don’t submit a request for approval, it can’t be denied. I say SB keep selling and everybody stop asking for permission.

It's like the kid in the back of the class raising her hand to let the teacher know she forgot to take up everyone's homework.

Exactly. Why do all these people want to keep asking permission? Like they do to do things that are already clearly defined in the Constitution.
Posted By: BigNate Re: Pistol or SBR? - 11/30/20
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Exactly. Why do all these people want to keep asking permission? Like they do to do things that are already clearly defined in the Constitution.

Who's asking permission? Permission to do what exactly?
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Pistol or SBR? - 11/30/20
Originally Posted by BigNate
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Who's asking permission? Permission to do what exactly?

See above.
Posted By: BigNate Re: Pistol or SBR? - 11/30/20
That's my point, everybody isn't asking.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Pistol or SBR? - 12/01/20
Originally Posted by BigNate
That's my point, everybody isn't asking.

PLENTY ARE.
© 24hourcampfire