Home
Posted By: Stophel Hardcoat anodizing shop? - 03/04/23
Does anyone know of a shop where an individual could get an AR receiver Type III Hardcoat Anodized (meaning actually HARD like it should be)? I ask because I recently purchased an upper receiver from an internet vendor and received it today. I won't name the business for now. While it looks beautiful, I took a small file to it on the lower lugs to test it (because I'm just that way), and found that it is SOFT as BUTTER. No hardcoat at all. All my other receivers will file, but still offering a good amount of resistance (you can tell they are hard...one is rock hard), but this one files quite easily.

I have contacted the seller, and am awaiting a response, however, I don't have super high hopes that they will resolve the issue. So, if I am stuck with it, I would like to get it properly hard anodized. Internet searches have not been super helpful, as almost everyone is a "volume" shop, and not really "open to the public".
Posted By: Kenlguy Re: Hardcoat anodizing shop? - 03/04/23
Does it have "Made in China" stamped on it anywhere?
You want the seller to pay to hard coat anodize the lower receiver to your specifications? šŸ˜‚

They sell lowers in the whiteā€¦.which is what you should be buying if you know you have issues. Donā€™t be a PIA for the seller because youā€™re ā€œthatā€ guy.
TAG
Posted By: Tyrone Re: Hardcoat anodizing shop? - 03/04/23
If you are local to any AR manufacturers, contact them and ask if they would add it to one of their batches or tell you who does theirs.
Posted By: Stophel Re: Hardcoat anodizing shop? - 03/05/23
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
You want the seller to pay to hard coat anodize the lower receiver to your specifications? šŸ˜‚

I just want it finished properly, as it was advertised to be. If I wasn't clear before, the receiver was advertised as hardcoat, mil-spec, etc.

As far as "Made in China", well, at this point, I'm thinking it's a distinct possibility. laugh I have been doing some more research, and it seems that the vendor was getting raw upper receivers, and finishing them themselves.

I figure I'm just S.O.L. and have to call it a learning experience.
Posted By: Tyrone Re: Hardcoat anodizing shop? - 03/05/23
Who sold it to you? Who's the MFG?
© 24hourcampfire