Home
Posted By: 10gaugemag Satern barrels. - 09/22/23
Any good?

6mm ARC.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Satern barrels. - 09/22/23
Satern liberty barrels aren't bad. I had one chambered for 6x45 and it was consistent. Machining was good. No issues that I ever saw. Before buying, I read many positive reviews on them.
Posted By: MikeS Re: Satern barrels. - 09/22/23
A buddy won one of their cut rifled barrels at a match and used it on a long range prone rifle. It was very accurate.
Posted By: Ridge_Runner Re: Satern barrels. - 09/29/23
shots 8,9, & 10 from my liberty barrel chambered 6mm ARC, with hornady factory loads
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: coyotewacker Re: Satern barrels. - 09/30/23
I wouldn't give my money to Saturn....back in 2014 sent cash for 3 - 450 Bushmaster stainless steel barrels for Savage actions....they needed to be custom built and were ordered 10 months before I needed them......
Never received them after a year fought them for 6 months to get my money back....if they were the only company to make gun barrels I would hunt with a bow instead of dealing with Saturn to get a gun barrel.....
Posted By: Viper225 Re: Satern barrels. - 11/05/23
Current reviews seem to be positive. They have had some issues in the past. But I believe they are good to go today.

If going with a midrange priced barrel, I would consider them for a 6 ARC Build. I would also consider SHAW Barrels.

For the best chance for a true Tack Driver Build I would spend a little more $$ on a Compass Lake Barrel using a Douglas Blank. Much longer lead time as well. Unless you are putting some serious Glass on it, and a Trigger the Saturn and Shaw Barrels should do fine for the Range as well as Hunting.

It just depends on how accurate you want it to be. Most shooters that I know would be perfectly happy with a Saturn or a SHAW Barrel on a rifle with medium to lower power optics. I would think that either would shoot MOA or under at 100 yards if you have a nice trigger and enough glass to see well enough to shoot small groups. From all of my reading most 6 ARC Barrels seem to shoot pretty well.

I have a Compass Lake 20" 6.5 Grendel Barrel on order that is going on a Rifle with a 20X Scope and a 2.5# Trigger, and an ATLAS R-One 15" Handguard. I like Accurate Range Toy's, and shoot to 600 yards on our Range. I do not mind spending $200 extra for a "chance" of a Better Shooting Rifle. I am seriously considering a re-barrel on a 204 Ruger AR, and I will probably go with a Compass Lake 6 ARC 20" Barrel for it, pretty much set up like the 6.5 Build. Again a Fixed Power 20X Scope. IF my 6.5 Grendel Barrel shoots only average groups, my 6 ARC re-build may shift to a Saturn or Shaw Barrel.

Bob R
Posted By: Tyrone Re: Satern barrels. - 11/05/23
I have only heard praise for Satern's cut rifled barrels.

The one I had was excellent.
© 24hourcampfire