Home
Any comments on the 458 socom rifle? Reliable feeding?
Just got a RR the other day.

Feeds fine out of G.I. Mags but unloading them manually is a chore unless you mod the front edge of the mag.

Recoil from a 7lb rifle is interesting, especially for an AR platform. Not unpleasant or painfull, just kind of "Odd" if you have been shooting 5.56 for many years in an AR.

I like the one I have.
Bring on the Moose!!!!
E4E
E4E - what kind of accuracy are you getting from your 458??
So far with the 300gr Cor-Bon it's holding at about 1.5MOA fired from a couple of sandbags on a less than rigid bench.

When I get a Day off from work and the Farm I'll head to the concrete Benches at the Club with a Proper rest and see what it will do.

Part of the issue is the ACOG TA33 I have mounted on it, and will switch over to a More Precise optic, the other part is I have only fired it when it was freezing out and the wind Howling.

Stay safe!
E4E
I have one on order from Teppu Juttsu still waiting since last OCT. I will give a full report when I get it and mount it on the lower I have waiting for it.
1.25/1.5 moa is about what I get from my 50 beowulf so far. A similar round. I'm convinced by playing and putting a float tube on I can make it shoot better, but it is good enough for headshots as is, don't neeed it any better. And its a 200 yard ribcage gun max mostly anyway....

Jeff
I don't but I will soon.
© 24hourcampfire