Home
Posted By: DaddyRat Most bang for the buck??????? - 07/24/08
Am thinking about getting an AR 15, which is the best value for my dollar? I do not want a flat top, thinking of a carry handle with peep sights.

So what are your guys thoughts?
Get a flat-top....and add your carry handle with peep sights. If you get a fixed carry handle, you're a LOT more limited on sights/optics and your resale won't be nearly as high.

I'll let others weigh in on the best value question.....
It's hard to beat Rock River quality and they are priced similar with others. You may also want to look on the used gun racks as you can usually find lightly used rifles at a discounted price.
Get the removable carry handle.I like RRA entry tactical.
Build one.
Originally Posted by RickyD
Build one.

Yup.
Done or consulted on a couple of builds from WOA as recommended by our own Rost here.

For cost vs. quality I'm not sure WOA's uppers can be beat...
By build, buy a lower, and have an upper built...

Anywhich way you do it, if you are starting and just want to play, buy a cheap flat top with removable handle so you can easily scope...

Once you are bit, bit the bullet and have a custom upper built.

DOn't waste the money on big names like McCormick etc... for high dollar guns, you can get the same for less....

RRA is as good a start as any... Bushy would be there as would Stag... I'd notch Armalite a notch down. Colt is fine, but more costly, probably better as a combat gun but trigger and accuracy won't be as good...
Cannot comment on many others.

Jeff
Charles Daly D4MLE.
PM me if you want to know why.
Terry
© 24hourcampfire