Home
Posted By: shreck Plain Jane AR-15, how much? - 04/12/09
I want a civilian version of the m-16a2. No rails, no floated barrel. Basic plastic rifle. Standard sights.
How much? Cheapest I saw today at the gun show was $1100.
Posted By: eh76 Re: Plain Jane AR-15, how much? - 04/12/09
That is about right in the current market. 12 motnhs ago that was a $600 gun.....
I watched a sale in a local shop here last week. Guy wanted exactly what you mentioned. He walked out with a Rock River A2 for $900.
In the last 2 weeks I'm starting to see AR's sit on dealers shelves for a bit before they move. I ask them how long ago they ordered and they normally say a dealer called them when someone cancelled their order and asked if they wanted it. I think people ordered from 3 different places and then one came in and they cancelled the other 2.

If you can wait it "might" come down....but I'm not sure I would bet on that either.
Posted By: shreck Re: Plain Jane AR-15, how much? - 04/13/09
Would it be cheaper to attempt to build my own?
I don't want anything special.
I saw some with telescoping stocks, I guess I could put on a plastic stock later.
Posted By: shreck Re: Plain Jane AR-15, how much? - 04/13/09
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I watched a sale in a local shop here last week. Guy wanted exactly what you mentioned. He walked out with a Rock River A2 for $900.

If I'd seen a deal like that it prolly woulda cost me $900.
Posted By: BMT Re: Plain Jane AR-15, how much? - 04/13/09
Here is the "best" "cheap" rifle I know of. $829, plus shipping plus transfer fees.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=126780686

BMT
© 24hourcampfire