Home
Posted By: keephuntin Delton ARs? - 06/26/09
Do you guys know anything about these ARs? I understand they are made in N.C. Are they descent guns?
Posted By: fw707 Re: Delton ARs? - 06/26/09
I built one last year on a DoubleStar lower. It made a fine rifle.
Good quality and good service.
The top one in this picture:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: mdv1state Re: Delton ARs? - 06/26/09
I have a 16" carbine upper on an EA lower. I had to send the upper back due to point of impact issues (shot waay left), and a broken pin in the forward assist. They replaced the upper receiver and the pin, and it's been smooth sailing since. Really good customer service, though. For the price, I'd do it again.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Delton ARs? - 06/26/09
Just got in 6 Delton lowers that a guy ordered off the net.... looks fine to me, but of course they are stripped so he won't know till later.

Generally lowers are of the same quality mostly. You have one here and there that aren't quite right.... see mdv above... one of my RRA uppers is a tad off for some reason, and it maxes out a scope windage wise, but I don't shoot scopes on that upper except for load testing so that one isn't a biggie.

I'd be mostly looking for thread on customer service with Delton or anyone... if they are there when you need em you should be good.
Posted By: 86thecat Re: Delton ARs? - 07/03/09
Have a 20" DelTon w/ heavy Wilson chromed barrel runs great and shoots 1 MOA or better.

Also picked up 2 Stag lowers a year or so back which had out of spec mag wells. Stag customer service was excellent, they even paid separate shipping both ways so I could hang on to one lower to use my DelTon upper while a new lower w/ same sn was built.

© 24hourcampfire