Home
Thinking of a 204 upper . Who has one and what brand and how well does it group? I have been eyeballing the the DPMS Panther in 204 but not sure of the quality of these uppers i have heard good and bad about them. May build using a 24 inch Shilen with head-space bolt from Midway or Brownell. I was thinking about ordering a Left Hand Stag upper for this but the bolt that comes with the barrel will be for a Right Hand Upper. Guess the Stag Left Hand bolt would head-space alright. If you where in the market for a 204 would you build or buy already complete?
I very seldom buy complete and when I do I take it apart but that's just me.

I'd bet that a match barrel from Shilen would give you everything you'd want. Have a friend who uses their blanks and has never been disappointed.
If your looking for an accurate 204 upper, save yourself alot of trouble and give Mike at Dedicated Technolgy a call. He uses Shilen blanks and can headspace to a Stag bolt or he can build the complete upper for you and teat fire it to make sure it functions properly.
Sometimes a 204 upper may need a little tweaking before it will function 100% and if there is an issue with the upper after you receive it, Mike will take care of any problems, no questions asked.
I have talked to Mike a few times and he does build good AR'S but if i decide to build i will do the work myself.
© 24hourcampfire