Home
Posted By: mdv1state RRA single stage trigger - 01/21/10
How bad are they? I have an Essential Arms lower, and the trigger that came in it is very very nasty. I'm not gonna spend high dollar for a good aftermarket trigger, but is the $35 rock river any better than the worst ones out there (because that's what i've got).
Posted By: TWR Re: RRA single stage trigger - 01/21/10
nope
Posted By: Ghostman Re: RRA single stage trigger - 01/21/10
Originally Posted by TWR
nope

+1
My kids got me a RRA National Match for my birthday. I added a reduced power trigger spring. Real nice! Thanks Kids.
Posted By: rost495 Re: RRA single stage trigger - 01/22/10
factory single stage triggers all suck... IE what I call the combat triggers.

Aftermarket like Timney and such are better though I have yet to pull one that would satisfy me so I just shoot tweaked perfect 2 stage triggers.
Posted By: bea175 Re: RRA single stage trigger - 01/22/10
The best single stage factory trigger i have found is the Bushmaster but this isn't saying much. Compared to the after market it is not all that good.
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: RRA single stage trigger - 01/22/10
The one thing to note is, it is worth spending the money on a good two stage aftermarket trigger. My rra lower has their two stage national match trigger, and it is a very nice trigger. Well spending the ~$135.

Anything else you do to your gun is moot if you don't have a good trigger.
Posted By: TWR Re: RRA single stage trigger - 01/22/10
All factory standard triggers suck, you will find a decent one now and then but for the most part picking brands is no help.

2 stage or aftermarket match type is a different story.

I've seen so many bad Bushmaster triggers, I'd never try another one.
Posted By: rost495 Re: RRA single stage trigger - 01/22/10
especially the bushmaster 2 stage match ones....
Posted By: enbloc8 Re: RRA single stage trigger - 01/23/10
I have an Olympic that has a nice single stage.

it isn't as much light weight as it is crisp. and it is really clean breaking and crisp!

My RRA w/ 2 stage is nice but I dunno much about the high dollar stuff.

E_8!
Posted By: rost495 Re: RRA single stage trigger - 01/23/10
I'd love to pull that one! As I've NEVER pulled a crisp single stage AR trigger, the 2 that were actually almost crisp lasted about 500 shots due to polishing too deep.

Again though I'm anal about triggers
Posted By: enbloc8 Re: RRA single stage trigger - 01/23/10
Originally Posted by rost495
I'd love to pull that one!

well...I wish there was a way to accommodate you. I would value your opinion and I could learn from the experience.

perhaps I better ask...crisp...to meeee...means no creep whatsoever...to a clean break, correct?

E_8!
Posted By: rost495 Re: RRA single stage trigger - 01/23/10
Yep, like breaking a glass rod, you never feel ANYTHING and then SNAP.

Anything is possible these days, but it would take some new geometry of the old single stage trigger to make one like that without it either eventually or almost all the time doubling with ammo left in the mag.

Sorry I'm doubtful, but i've just never felt one. while I have in 2 stage triggers.
I would have to second 458 Lott's remark. My RR NM trigger is a joy.
I have not tried a single-stage from RRA, so I cannot comment on them.

Ed
Posted By: hunt_ak Re: RRA single stage trigger - 01/23/10
Cleaning up a single stage really helps. May wanna try that before dropping some cash on a different trigger...
Yep, like breaking a glass rod, you never feel ANYTHING and then SNAP.

Anything is possible these days, but it would take some new geometry of the old single stage trigger to make one like that without it either eventually or almost all the time doubling with ammo left in the mag.

Sorry I'm doubtful, but i've just never felt one. while I have in 2 stage triggers.

Jeff,
We have had this discussion before and you still have not tried the JP with the oversize pins with springs and hammer. If you have a properly fitted JP trigger with his pins ,spring's and hammer it would be impossible for me to go back to a 2 stage. but all you have ever used for the most part is 2 stage so that is what you are used to and prefer, give one an honest try and you will be impressed. laugh
B
ps the owner of JP rifles is arrogant (John Paul) but if you tell him what you expect and have him install one of his trigger's for you in one of your lowers. if you dont think it is a GREAT trigger come back here and FLAME me and I will pay for part of it. ($50.00 for your trouble sound fair)
Posted By: rost495 Re: RRA single stage trigger - 01/24/10
Don't really have a use for a single stage as I'm so used to the 2 stage, BUT I am always looking for test triggers without buying. I"m sure I'll find someone with a JP at some point.

But then again I may dang well buy one since I"m supposed to have 10 lowers or so sitting here that need to be anodized and worked up... heck it couldn't be that expensive.

Oversize pins... How do they size them?
Posted By: hunt_ak Re: RRA single stage trigger - 01/24/10

But then again I may dang well buy one since I"m supposed to have 10 lowers or so sitting here that need to be anodized and worked up... heck it couldn't be that expensive.

If you'd like to be 9 lowers needing to be anodized, hit me up...I'd LOVE one in the white!

Oversize pins... How do they size them?

Their oversize pins are .156" to eliminate any slop.
© 24hourcampfire