Home
Posted By: AaroninMT 30 Remington AR? - 12/04/10
Any 30 Remington AR users out there? I have seen some good feedback on the guns but there is not much out there.
Posted By: Take_a_knee Re: 30 Remington AR? - 12/04/10
I'm pretty sure it's a Bushmaster, since Freedom Group owns 'em both. Of course they also own DPMS also. I got to handle a camo one in 7/08 that a friend of a friend ordered. I'll try to get some feedback on it.
Posted By: Spotshooter Re: 30 Remington AR? - 12/04/10

The R-15 is a AR15 platform made by bushmaster for remy

the R-25 however is a AR-10 platform made by DPMS for remy.

Spot
Posted By: UMT Re: 30 Remington AR? - 12/04/10
The .30 Remington AR Remington R-15 rifles are made by DPMS.
Posted By: cyrekzz Re: 30 Remington AR? - 12/07/10
Just to add - the gas key is different than the standard bushmaster or dpms. That's what i found in the one i looked at - the R-15 (223) anyways.
Posted By: tacgnut Re: 30 Remington AR? - 12/12/10
http://www.shootingtimes.com/longgun_reviews/ST_r15andthe30rar_200905/index.html

Here is a decent write up in Shooting Times. As is, the cartridge is about as interesting as any of the Remington super short magnums and will enjoy the same fate. Once it is wildcatted, say 6mm, 6.5 or maybe even 270 then you will see what the case is capable of.
Right now, DPMS is the only source for carriers, bolts, magazines and upper receivers that will work with this case. My guess is that it will have a short life unless DPMS makes those parts widely available.
Posted By: iambrb Re: 30 Remington AR? - 12/12/10
looks like a shorter version of the 30T/C....bet it's fate is the same too
Posted By: Plateau Hunter Re: 30 Remington AR? - 12/12/10
It looks like a real nice round for the AR15 platform but Rem/DPMS seem not to be promoting nor supporting it. The only offering that I have seen was hard to find on the DPMS website and way overpriced. I am going with a 6.5/6.8 Imp similar to the Grendel. Sort of reinventing the wheel I reckon. PH
Posted By: Rusky Re: 30 Remington AR? - 12/12/10
In light of the parent company closing the doors of the Bushmaster plant in Maine, DPMS will be making the Bushmaster line until they can phase it out, they are up to their ears in changes. The 30 may be set on the back burner or even dropped from the line.

These are the same jerks that wanted to spin off the "Freedom Group" by taking it to a public offering in the stock market.
© 24hourcampfire