Home
Posted By: Palmetto 6MM DTI - 12/03/11
DTech offers their 6mmDTI with a 1 in 8" twist barrel according to their website. That ought to stabilize any 6mm bullet out there, but can the really long ones be loaded to mag length. The amaxes, sciroccos, and the other longer high BC bullets available?
He says he got 3,000 fps out of a 85 grain NP. That is running slower than my standard 6.8 case with an 85 barnes in the same parent case. I guess this case has a 40 degree or close to it shoulder?
Is anyone getting better performance out of the DTI 6mm with handloads or should I leave this one alone?
What barrel twists are available for the 6 WOA, velocity?

Thanks
Posted By: rost495 Re: 6MM DTI - 12/03/11
6 woa is slower....

thats about all I can help you with.
Posted By: chicoredneck Re: 6MM DTI - 12/03/11
You can fit the long 6mm bullets to mag length, but you will sacrafice a fair amount of powder room in doing so. The dti is really good if you want to shoot the light 6mm bullets faster than the 6x45 will allow. It is a little hotter than the 6woa and will have the same barrel twists available. Given equal bullet weights, the 6.8 will likely shoot slighly faster or very close to the 6mm dti. The 6mm will simply have a higher BC.
Posted By: rost495 Re: 6MM DTI - 12/03/11
And that "simply" part is something that some folks ignore for some reason.

Certainly no killing difference in 0.5mm wider or narrower bullet
Posted By: venatic Re: 6MM DTI - 12/04/11
If you are wanting to shoot the heavier 6mm bullets the WOA is a better choice as it has a longer neck to handle the longer bullets. For 85gr and under the DTi will be a slightly better choice due to a little more case capacity. I have shot up to only the 80gr Berger's from my 6mmDTi and they can be pushed to 3200-3250fps from my barrel.
© 24hourcampfire