Home
I have a pre-ban, near as I can tell, that I almost never use. It's here for the zombie attack! Open sights don't agree with my eyes now. I'm thinking of selling, trading or ??? to come up with a flat top model for scope use. I'd like to keep the weight down so it can be used for a walking around, coyote calling rifle. I'm thinking 16 to 20 inch barrel, 1-9 twist.

So....what is it worth? Suggestions on AR models, barrel length etc. appreciated. Any brands better than others?

I also have a 1-12 twist barrel off an old Colt AR that I had rebarrelled years ago. Is it worth anything to anybody now with all the fast twist out there?

Thanks in advance for your advice.
Pre bans still bring a bit more in ban states.

You could of course just switch out the A2 upper for a flat top upper, cost you about $125 counting a few tools.

Hard to beat a Colt...

Is the barrel a pencil barrel or A2 profile? I might be interested.
I'm not sure what barrel it is but the diameter is .575, same as my lightweight. It is about 20" and came from an AR with the old triangular handguard. It has the bayonet lug. It is marked 'c mp c'. I considered buying a flat top receiver and using the 1-12 twist barrel since I usually shoot 50-55 grain bullets. I bought some tools years ago and they are around here somewhere.

Rather than changing the Colt and possibly decreasing the value, I might be money ahead to sell it and buy a complete rifle with the features I want. A friend recommended the Rock River Coyote Carbine and a neighbor has the Rem R-15.

A pre-ban colt in NY will bring $1000-$1200, depending on condition. Just the lower could bring you enough to buy a complete gun from some of the second tier makers ($6-700 range)
© 24hourcampfire