Home
Posted By: Skullworks AR15 Reflex style sight. - 04/11/12
Any feed back on what is best? Looking to stay under $400.
Posted By: bea175 Re: AR15 Reflex style sight. - 04/11/12
The best is the Trijicon Reflex. Here is a yote i called in taken with the AR and Trijicon with Amber Triangle.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: jimmyp Re: AR15 Reflex style sight. - 04/12/12
as mentioned the trijicon is your best bet, I had one it was OK, only issue was it washed out some looking from a dark room into a light area, but other than that it worked fine...spend a few hundred more and get the tripower.
Posted By: TWR Re: AR15 Reflex style sight. - 04/12/12
Unless they have changed them up dramatically I'd rather have an eo-thingy if $400 was my limit. If you could scrape up a little more money look at the Aimpoint PRO or for another hundred my favorite the micro.

Posted By: jimmyp Re: AR15 Reflex style sight. - 04/12/12
Sadly the only eo thing I would trust a bit is the new one with transverse battery, i think that one is more than 400 with the mount.
Posted By: TWR Re: AR15 Reflex style sight. - 04/12/12
I'd rather change batteries every day with an eo-thingie than to know I was gonna lose the amber dot at some point on a sunny day or have to run their blue filter.

The whole concept of a reflex sight is a bright dot you don't have to look for...
i've had an RX30 for about two weeks. It will wash out if you look directly into the sun. But the real question is why would you do that. Your not shooting birds with your rifle.
Posted By: CaliRN Re: AR15 Reflex style sight. - 04/15/12
I use an Eotech EXPS (transverse battery) and have used it in bright sun (desert), it has the 65 MOA circle and a 1 or 2 MOA
dot in the center. My buddy has a Trijicon, and we actually like
both of them and have swapped them back and forth. I like the fact his does not need batteries, and he likes my reticle.
Try both out...
Originally Posted by TWR
I'd rather change batteries every day with an eo-thingie than to know I was gonna lose the amber dot at some point on a sunny day or have to run their blue filter.

The whole concept of a reflex sight is a bright dot you don't have to look for...

Never had a problem seeing an Amber Trijcon dot in Tikrit at high noon in July/August. That's about as bright/hot as it gets. The only issue with the Reflex is looking out into the sunlight from a dimly lit room and using it at night with a weapons light.
Posted By: TWR Re: AR15 Reflex style sight. - 04/16/12
Maybe they've changed, I used an older generation that was sent in for an upgrade/repair. It came with a blue filter to help with the dot washing out. Do they still come with the filter?

And this was only in Oklahoma which was bright enough to wash it out...

Now my buddy, whom it belonged to, had it mounted on an SP1 carbine. It didn't bother him that it washed out cause he only needed it when he couldn't see the irons.

I have an Aimpoint CompM4 with the 3x magnifier and the twist mount that allows you to swing the 3x magnifier out of the way and go with no magnification. I really like this sight, and I've used the Burris FF II, the Docter red dot and an EOTech 552. The Aimpoint system is more versatile than the others; I wouldn't go back to any of the others.
I like an EOTech for a reflex sight.
I'm not sure if you're only asking for reflex sights, specifically, or red dots as well... but the Bushnell TRS-25 and Primary Arms Micro are both excellent options. Of the two, I recommend the Bushnell.
Posted By: Skivvy Re: AR15 Reflex style sight. - 04/27/12
Has anyone tried the Mepro M21 ??

Originally Posted by TWR
Maybe they've changed, I used an older generation that was sent in for an upgrade/repair. It came with a blue filter to help with the dot washing out. Do they still come with the filter?

And this was only in Oklahoma which was bright enough to wash it out...

Now my buddy, whom it belonged to, had it mounted on an SP1 carbine. It didn't bother him that it washed out cause he only needed it when he couldn't see the irons.

You need the blue filter to be able to see the dot at night in a dark room with a weapon-mounted light. The light illuminates the target but doesn't provide enough to brighten up the reflex thru the light port. This is what keeps the Reflex from being the perfect all-around AR sight.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: AR15 Reflex style sight. - 04/27/12
Originally Posted by Skullworks
Any feed back on what is best? Looking to stay under $400.

Just get an aimpoint pro for $460 and call it good!
Used CompM2 aimpoints go for about that. For that style of sight, there isn't one much better.
I've picked up an Aimpoint 9000L and a Eotech 552 so I'll try both I guess.
Originally Posted by greentimber
Used CompM2 aimpoints go for about that. For that style of sight, there isn't one much better.

That's a fact.
I personally like the smaller dot of the EoTech.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: AR15 Reflex style sight. - 04/29/12
I do too but don't like the buttons and worrying about batteries.
Posted By: cmr287 Re: AR15 Reflex style sight. - 04/29/12
These are great sites.
© 24hourcampfire