Home
http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-2-5-10x42-Monarch-Riflescope-Mildot/dp/B000YAVMXK

For an SPR build. Yes or no? Experiences? Other options?
I've got a Nikon Tactical (Now renamed Nikon Monarch X) 2.5-10x44 on my SPR. It's a big scope for an SPR, but not as big as a 3.5-15 Nightforce NXS. As far as the scope goes, it's great. clear at 2.5 or 10 and in between, and clicks are accurate. I've used it in competition with some success and no issues, and have had it for around 7 years with no issues.
I heard that the older Nikon Tacticals had the same glass from the same place as Night Force. I dunno if'n it's true. A friend of mine's Nikon Tactical was way clearer and brighter than the Leupy 10X on an M24, I know that.
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
I heard that the older Nikon Tacticals had the same glass from the same place as Night Force. I dunno if'n it's true. A friend of mine's Nikon Tactical was way clearer and brighter than the Leupy 10X on an M24, I know that.

Friend Take a Kness,

Yep, they look really, really GREAT ... don't they??

I was amazed.

Blessings to you, my friend,

Steve

Originally Posted by JustOneGunner
http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-2-5-10x42-Monarch-Riflescope-Mildot/dp/B000YAVMXK

For an SPR build. Yes or no? Experiences? Other options?

I highly recommend that scope. I had one on a 5R mispec for about 30 rounds. Had enough adjustment to work with a 20MOA base. It's listed in the classifieds right now for quite a bit less than at amazon if you want to save some $......
Jcm, how much adjustment in that scope? I like the looks of it.
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

Since Nikon makes its own glass, I find that hard to believe.

I have a Nikon Tactical 2.5-10X44 Illuminated Reticle, it's a fantastic scope and I have shot hogs at midnight with it.
Originally Posted by Tanner
Jcm, how much adjustment in that scope? I like the looks of it.

According to the specs it's 70MOA. I didn't check to see how much was left after the 20MOA base. Very good glass and eye relief across the power range. I like the 2.5-10 range, especially with the mildot...works well for hunting or range play. It's not a lightweight scope at 16oz's but with the 1" tube it's lighter than most mildot'd scopes and I prefer 1" to 30mm in case I want to play musical scopes....
© 24hourcampfire