Home
Posted By: EWY Armalite ? - 08/02/12
Looking for my first AR15. I like the idea of a 20" barrel for the added velocity over a 16". I don't want a HBAR. I am looking for a standard or "Government" profile barrel. The only thing I have found is the Armalite AR15 M4 rifle.
What is the general opinion of Armalite. Do you know of another mfg. that puts out the standard rifle configuration A4 rifle?

Ernie
Posted By: wareagle700 Re: Armalite ? - 08/02/12
Stag makes a good one. BCM and PSA also make them and both are great quality.
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: Armalite ? - 08/02/12
I had an armalite M4, and it was a good gun. Their 2 stage trigger is decent and the overall fit and finish was good. I just didn't like the muzzleblast from the 16" barrel at the covered range I shoot at so ended up selling it.
Posted By: kwg020 Re: Armalite ? - 08/02/12
I have 3 Armalite uppers and one National match lower. The 2 stage trigger is really a nice touch and all three barrels are more accurate than I am. I have one M-4 upper and the only thing I did not like about it was how hard the buffer hit the end of the buffer tube. I don't reload my .223/5.56 to maximums but it's close(it's an A-2 rifle tube) I put a heavier buffer in the gun and than helped. Then I put a stiffer recoil spring in and the heavier buffer in and it tamed it down very nicely.

I don't have a large number of rounds through my rifles so I cannot comment on wear and tear. I can only tell you about my lower and uppers. I believe I got my money's worth and more. kwg
© 24hourcampfire