Home
Posted By: 02bfishn Anyone looking for 6.8 ammo? - 01/14/13
Got the heads up on this from the 68 forum;
http://www.barrettrifles.com/p-1731-68-mm-barrett-brand-110-gr-bthp-30-round-box.aspx
Originally Posted by 02bfishn
I've got enough right now. I didn't know Barrett made 6.8. The last I knew there seemed to be plenty around, but its always been high anyway. $20 a box isn't a bad price for anything but Remington. It was cheaper than that.
do I want large rifle primer or small rifle primer brass?
If reloading the brass you want small. Even if not reloading - plenty of people will buy your brass.

Originally Posted by jimmyp
It depends. The original Remington brass is LR because that's what the parent cases were. Hornady and SSA are SR and supposedly stand up to repeated hot loads better. LR supposedly achieves higher velocities though and does better in cold weather.

I don't see that it matters much. 6.8 may be harder to obtain than I first thought. It's sounding like a lot of places are sold out of about everything. So you may not have much choice. I don't see that it matters a whole lot. Remington is generally the cheapest ammo anyway.
Originally Posted by jimmyp
Barrett evidently still has extended mags. 223 Thirty rounders for $30 (Magpul) or $50 (steel 6.8). IMO, that's not a big bunch higher than 6.8 mags were around here pre-Sandy Hook.
hornady was still in stock at gunshow last week at 25.00 box
I hear that SSA will have ammo at the end of the month
Originally Posted by brasskeeper
I hear that SSA will have ammo at the end of the month

Yep they will start loading next week, it won't last long though.
© 24hourcampfire