Home
16.5" barrel AR type rifle, 308 Win., 175 SMK Federal match ammo

Has anyone clocked this, and if so, what did it show?

I was shooting next to a guy using that combination. Reverse engineering his 300 yard correction relative to a 100 yard zero, it seems like he was getting 2400 fps.
My 16.5" POF showed 2420 FPS average for 10 shots over an Oehler that was 8' from the muzzle in 70 degree weather. Sounds corroborated to me.
Sounds about right.
Thanks guys.
anyone guess what an 18 inch barrel would get with this load?
Probably average 2450-2475 depending on the barrel.
My 20" Lilja only gets about 2500
Originally Posted by jimmyp

about 250lbs???
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by djones
Originally Posted by jimmyp

about 250lbs???
[Linked Image]

At some point we are going to get sick of your pig killin picts, just not yet. grin
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
At some point we are going to get sick of your pig killin picts, just not yet. grin

ill be ready

[Linked Image]
T's a hog, still.
The Smith 5R 18 inch barrel seems fond of 180 BT's over RL15 but I got to wait on a new scope to be sure.
Careful! Folks are going to start sending you money to go on one of the pig hunting safari's.
I recently got an 18 inch and chrono'd FGMM 175 at 2500 fps. Haven't shot this at long range yet to see if the expected drop match's the chrono.
My 16" launches a 175 SMK at 2520fps with 43.8gr Varget. Confirmed with drop @ 300 yards (as far as that range goes).
My 18" does the same @ 2550.
I use 43.8 Varget in my bolt gun, have only gone up to 42.5 so far in my semi. Still working on loads for the semi.
© 24hourcampfire