Home
Posted By: cowboyarcher Which Micro Reflex Sight? - 02/14/14
Hi Guys,

Which Micro Reflex sight would you recommend for a 40 S&W carbine? I'm looking for something suitable for 0-50 yards, with precision and sight acquisition being the two most important factors. It needs to be capable of mounting to a flat top AR, and rugged and reliable, and small.

Any thoughts? I've never run such a sight, so I appreciate the input.

God bless guys,

Adam
Posted By: bea175 Re: Which Micro Reflex Sight? - 02/14/14
Trijicon Reflex with Amber Triangle
Originally Posted by bea175
Trijicon Reflex with Amber Triangle

That's what I was gonna say. Zero the tip of the triangle at fifty yards if you're wanting precision and just use it like a dot up close.
Posted By: reelman Re: Which Micro Reflex Sight? - 02/15/14
EoTech MRDS. I have a Trijicon Tri-Power with the triangle and do not like it at all but that's just my opinion and others seem to like the triangle.
Posted By: turkish Re: Which Micro Reflex Sight? - 02/18/14
Which mounts are you guys using on your Trijicon Reflex? I'm interested in getting one and want lower third cowitness. I have the std fixed front sight and want the triangle some distance above my front sight post, with my head up off the butt a bit. Thanks.
DocterUSA
Trijicon reflex is excellent but go with the 4.3 dot. If you want micro the Burris fast fire 3 isn't bad and can be had cheaply on the used market. I'll be posting a 8 moa unit up shortly. Pm me if interested. But if precision is you game look for a 2-3 moa if you want past 50 someday. I have a Mars sight I used to run on my 20" rifle. It had a1 moa dot. Excellent optic, sold the rifle now I'm sitting on the sight. Was perfect for 100 yard red dot shooting. It all depends on your budget. What is your budget?
I am ignorant, are the irons on that rifle comparable to the height of AR sights? Rereading your post, is it an AR already?
Originally Posted by supercrewd
I am ignorant, are the irons on that rifle comparable to the height of AR sights? Rereading your post, is it an AR already?

I'm actually going to be running this on a Kel Tec Sub 2000. I'm using a .625 railed AR gas block offset to the right. Because the stock protion of this rifle is inline with the bore (just like the buffer tube of an AR), I am going to use something designed to be mounted on a flat-top AR.

Thanks for all the tips guys!

Mouse, sent you a PM.
Vortex Sparc, I know it's not exactly what you were asking about, but it would probably work out great. Great optic for the money. I have one riding on one of my ARs and one on my Kel Tec KSG. The both hold zero great. They come with a screw in maginifier and several different heighth mounts. The warranty is awesome and they can be found for $175-$200 depending on where you look. I have an Eotech 512 on my another AR and for the money I would by another Sparc. I have a Sub 2000 in 9mm and think and think a Sparc would do the trick.
Posted By: GSSP Re: Which Micro Reflex Sight? - 02/23/14
Trijicon RMR with 12.9 moa triangle.

Alan
© 24hourcampfire