Home
Posted By: NoomaScout AR -15 loose gas tube - 02/16/14
I am in the middle of an AR-15 build and I noticed the gas tube is loose in the receiver end, but is nice and secure at the gas block end. Please note it is loose to the point of rattling. The receiver is made by LARUE and is the Stealth model, the barrel is a BHW 18�� and the gas tube is rifle length. Troy gas block and a Noveske NSR hand guard. I have not had this issue before and have checked my other uppers and all the gas tubes are tight with no movement. Has anyone on the forum experienced this issue, if so what was the fix? Thanks.
Posted By: TWR Re: AR -15 loose gas tube - 02/16/14
It's supposed to be loose through the upper, it locks into the gas key on the carrier.
Posted By: AH64guy Re: AR -15 loose gas tube - 02/16/14
I think he's talking about a lot of lateral play, I've had one upper like that but it wasn't a Larue. Unless it's hitting the gas key, shouldn't be a an issue.

You may have a gas tube that's slightly undersized, there's a bunch of rush parts out there now.
Posted By: bea175 Re: AR -15 loose gas tube - 02/16/14
just replace the gas tube if it bothers you , they don't cost that much
Posted By: wareagle700 Re: AR -15 loose gas tube - 02/16/14
If it rattles, your gas tube is perfectly aligned. Leave it alone.
If it had no play, it is pushing against something.

I install all mine this way, I like the idea of having everything on the barrel end stress free.
Posted By: bea175 Re: AR -15 loose gas tube - 02/16/14
I use the Barrel Nut alignment gauge from Brownell and i don't have to guess if the Barrel Nut is in perfect alignment with the gas port in the receiver . I have never heard a gas tube rattle on any of my builds , but i can't hear chit any way , so maybe they do rattle.

© 24hourcampfire