Home
Posted By: avagadro Dry lube and the AR?? - 02/20/14
There are silicon and graphite dry lubricants ... I'm assuming they've been tried, what is the reason for their continued use is not championed??
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Dry lube and the AR?? - 02/20/14
I can only speak for myself, but running 'wet' has never been a problem, and I see no reason to change.
Posted By: avagadro Re: Dry lube and the AR?? - 02/20/14
Never thought wet was problem either ... Curious why folks don't run dry lubricants ... Doesn't stick around as long? Needing more frequent application?
Posted By: GunGeek Re: Dry lube and the AR?? - 02/22/14
Okay, here's the thing. There's nothing wrong with dry lube or next to no lube while just playing around at the range. But when things get serious, you need to use OIL and somewhat generous. With the AR, if you're having issues, add oil and often the issues go away.

Just remember that what we do at the range and what we may do if we ever have to call on our rifles for serious work don't have to be the same. Wet AR's are messy and a beotch to clean, so I understand why someone wouldn't want a wet AR. And while you're just playing at the range, don't sweat it.
Posted By: wareagle700 Re: Dry lube and the AR?? - 02/22/14
Its best for AR's to run wet for longevity of parts and reliability under less than desireable conditions. Having said that, AR's will still run dry.
© 24hourcampfire