Home
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/firearms/receivers/psa-blemished-safe-fire-lower.html

I am thinking of buying several and tinkering with building a few up.

I don't understand about the take down pin holes... Are these threaded?
No threads they just boogered the holes a little, function not affected.

My co-worker just put one together Thursday.

Mike
blemished is pretty much a joke with those. There is nothing wrong with any of the ones I have seen. buy with confidence and save the money for a better trigger to put in it.
Thanks for the feedback...

Great prices.
I agree, I have bought several PSA 'blem" lowers as well as "blem" lowers from other companies, and 95% of the time it is a blem in the finish. I did have to straighten out a take down pin hole once with a drill bit.

Buy a few and start your builds. Put the saved money towards other things.
I have seen several "blem" uppers and lowers from PSA and Aero precision. On most I have not been able to even find the blem...
Usually blem is not even on the outside. May be a tiny chip on the inside and the few I have seen is in the mag well area.
Just ordered a blemished lower from PSA today complete with magpul furniture. From what I've seen online they seem to be slammed with orders so I'm expecting a wait. Has anyone had to wait a very long time for anything from PSA?
Three or four weeks, but they were quoting three.

I did have to wait about six weeks for them to refund a double charge on my CC once.
I've only placed one order with PSA. I don't recall exactly how long the order took, but it was under 2 weeks. I couldn't find the blemish on the blemished upper.
I just ordered one of the $59 blems, I will let you know when it arrives.
Yep, I was debating whether or not to get the $59 stripped or the complete magpul lower for $169. I was going to put mag pull stuff anyway on it, so I just ordered the magpul.
I would buy with confidence. I bought one of the Mapul MOE packages. Great value. Couldn't even find the blemish. You will wait a while though. It took almost a month for me to even see movement on my order. Total time was about six weeks. Just be patient.
I ordered 2 lowers on March 17th and they are being delivered to my FFL today 3/31....not too bad
PSA has excellent customer service too.
Had a wrong part in a package deal so called them.
They said "send it back, we'll send you the right one."
I had the correct part in my mail box before I got over to the USPS and sent the wrong one back.
which is better PSA or DPMS?
Its a lower. It makes about zero difference in how the gun shoots or functions...

Which one is cheapest is often one route to take...

I"ve yet to see a broken or bad lower, though I hear they exist.

I have seen cheap parts sets have bad parts though, holes drilled off axis etc.
My brother ordered two complete magpul lowers on 3/26 (same day I did) and his came in today. Mine are still "processing." Ah well. Anyway, we looked his over and we could not find the blemishes. FFL agreed and basically said they get more beat up than that just sitting in a gun shop getting handled.
Built my MSR from pieces/parts from PSA this winter. At the time Primary Arms was kicking butt on customer service and shipping times. I ordered a scope mount from them and was a mistake on their part due to labeling. Received the new one before they emailed me the return label. Sounds like PSA is trying to get their ship together what I have been hearing?
Just got shipping notification on mine. Should be here Wednesday, which is exactly 2 weeks from when I ordered. Not too bad.
My complete lower came in today. 15 days from date of order, not too bad. I looked over the lower with a magnifying glass and I cannot find the blemish. Function is great and actually the trigger is pretty dang good for what it is. Clean break, no grit, about 5 pounds per my trigger scale. Happy customer here.
I just received 2 and they look perfect.

I just finished assembling one with a RRA LPK and it was perfect.
© 24hourcampfire