Home
Posted By: cumminscowboy best ar 15 rear rest ?? - 04/04/14
I was wondering what you guys like to run for a rear rest at the shooting range. The standard rabbit eared leather bag I use for my traditional rifles seems a bit hard to hold the gun steady with. The collapsible ar 15 stock doesn't seem to work that well with it. anything out there any better??
I use a sand sock, and a bipod up front, most often on the ground
For the front I usually have a Harris or Atlas bipod. For the rear, a section of a jean leg filled with poly pellets and sewed up. The rabbit ear bags work well with traditional stocks off a bench. For most other uses, I prefer a rear bag. Poly pellets are my favorite filler.
Posted By: rost495 Re: best ar 15 rear rest ?? - 04/04/14
Rabbit ear bag with sand has always given me as good a results as I need.
Posted By: TWR Re: best ar 15 rear rest ?? - 04/04/14
With a collapsable stock Jeff?

I use a bag about 2" x 5" from triad tactical or some place like that. A Harris bipod up front.
I had my wife sew a 4" square bag out of denim jean leftovers. I filled it with bagged walnut media and she sewed it shut. I use it as a squeeze sock on the bench in concert with an X-bag,. It works just as well with a bipod or backpack front rest in the field.
Posted By: coxhaus Re: best ar 15 rear rest ?? - 04/17/14
I use a bench rest sand bag for the rear. I had a bipod on the front for shooting until my buddy came up with a timed game where we shoot at 200 yards apple sized metal targets which flip from one side to the other when you hit them. You both shoot at the same time with 4 targets on each side. If ever all the targets are on your side then you lose. The one with the least targets on his side wins. This event is timed and we use 20 round clips because 30 round clips are too long. What we figured out is the bipod is too slow because of hop and a full bench rest system is much faster shooting. So now I don�t use a bipod any more.
Posted By: lvmiker Re: best ar 15 rear rest ?? - 04/17/14
I use an old sock w/ dried beans inside. Works OK but I don't shoot off the bench much.

mike r
I use one of these for just about everything:

http://www.armageddongear.com/store...roduct&path=86_65&product_id=134

The grippy material is great.
I use a bunny ear bag and rest the swivel on the bag. Works fine for me.
Posted By: bea175 Re: best ar 15 rear rest ?? - 04/19/14
I use the same bags i do for my bolt guns and use a ten round magpul magazine
© 24hourcampfire