Home
I just picked up a DMPS Panther LR 308. I think I have it setup pretty decent but it definitely needs an upgrade in the trigger department.

Specs so far
24� 1-10 heavy stainless barrel
Magpul MOE +grip
Magpul PRS adjustable butt stock
PEPR mount with Nightforce 4-14x56 SHV with MOAR

[Linked Image]

What is a good decent trigger that will work well with the DPMS?
Posted By: AH64guy Re: DPMS LR308 what trigger?? - 07/29/14
About any quality trigger that will work in an AR15, will work in the DPMS 308 lower.

Just have to figure out if you want single/two stage, what pull weight you want, and order it.
Geissele SSA-E. I have one in my .308, they are awesome triggers. I have not found anything to be better.
Well I went whole hog and picked up a geissele high speed national match two stage. First stage 2.5 pounds second stage 1.25 pounds, breaks looked a glad rod. It was pricy but easily the best trigger I have ever felt in an ar style rifle and very close to best in any rifle.

I shot it today but it's going to need some work to get it where I want it to be. I'm going to need an adjustable gas block. Probably going to order a syrac ord gas lock tomorrow.
Why do you need an adjustable gas block?

Try 43.0 gas of imr4064 under a 168 gr sierra bthp, set at mag length.
Posted By: rost495 Re: DPMS LR308 what trigger?? - 08/01/14
If ports are not the right size for all components it will damage brass.

So an adjustable one is the same as carrier weights, and all kinds of other band aids to get the thing working right.

Then there is the issue that some folks only want 125 grain bullets going balls to the wall, and others want heavy bullets moving otu decently. None of that says same port size. Toss in burning rates of powder and who konws.

Now if you go standard ammo with standard bullets per the port design, it doesn't matter
gotcha.
I was getting some primer cratering and showing extractor marks and shearing on the brass. It was also really flinging these out there. I ordered a Syrac Ord adjustable gas block and look forward to loading up some ammo to give it a good wringing out.
Posted By: BMT Re: DPMS LR308 what trigger?? - 08/15/14
Geissele SSA-E is nice

http://geissele.com/triggers.html?cat=13

OP went NM, nice stuff.
Another vote for the Geissele SSA-E
I�m more then pleased with the Geissele high speed national match trigger. It is an excellent trigger, clean and light with no overtravel. It breaks like a glass rod. It really helps keep the groups down.
[Linked Image]
Yours seems to shoot like Mine...@ 3/4 MOA. I have another Upper in 6.5 Creedmoor that HAS an Adjustable Gas Block, and THAT rifle is a DREAM to shoot. The crosshairs barely bump when firing....it ALSO has a Brake, bit think taming down the OVERGASSING is key. I ordered the Adjustable to go on the LR-308 Yesterday. What loads are You shooting in the pic?
© 24hourcampfire