Home
Gentlemen,

I'm ignorant about black guns. Is there a better civilian legal version of the military's CAR4 than the Bushmaster M4A3 Type Carbine, Part #BCWA3F 14M4 IZ? It is advertised as having a total barrel length of 16" including a permanently attached compensator.

Suggestions on where to buy your favorite, please?

Cordially,

Jim Stewart
I don't have any CAR's in the safes right now, only full sized rifles. I tend to keep gravitating back to my Colt match Hbar or the Armalite A4. I have owned Bushy's in the past and don't have any complaints, also had an SGW Olympic CAR that was a great little gun (wish I had held on to it). Any of them can put out sub standard examples, do a little research on customer service and go with what feels right.
Take a look at a Colt M4. After all, Colt originated the M4 version of the AR-15. MI VHNTR
I have a Colt M4 for sale if your interested you can email me and I will fill you in on the details. I can also send you some pics.
Jim: You might want to do a search at www.tacticalforums.com to find a lot of pros and cons about AR15s. Look under the Custom Guns heading.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Best Civilain Legal CAR4 lookalike - 11/14/05
I am interested but I can't open the link to send you a pivate message.

If you can open mine please send price and photos.

Cordially,

Jim Stewart
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Best Civilain Legal CAR4 lookalike - 11/15/05
Can't open your private e-mail address. If you can open mine please send photos with price.

Cordially,

Jim Stewart
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Best Civilain Legal CAR4 lookalike - 11/15/05
Please send price, description and photos to jstewart5964@yahoo.com
Please send price, description and photos to [email][email protected].[/email]
Olympic, Bushmaster, Rock Island and DPMS all put out great guns. I wouldn't be ashamed of any of them. Colt and Armalite do likewise but are overpriced. If you only want to pay for performance and not "name" then get one of those I mentioned and leave the Colts and Armalites for other folks.

As far as personal experience, I've owned a bunch of Colts and probably about four Olys. I can definitely recommend the Oly firsthand.

kidd
Please don't put Colt and Armalite in the same category. Even though Colt is higher, they faithfully run from the box ready to go. Much less can be said for a number of Armalite rifles I"ve encountered. Though the customer service will fix that. But some of the fixes...... Wow. Bandaids on the wound.

Jeff
I didn't mean to diss Colt. I was just saying that IMO, you pay for "name" with Colt and Armalite, less so with the latter. Sorry to hear of your troubles with the Armalites.

kidd
© 24hourcampfire