Home
Posted By: Soup Krieger 1:7.7 barrel - 10/31/14
Folks ,
Should I be able to shoot 55 grain bullets with a 7.7 twist ?
Also looking for a scope for this 20" ar . Setting it up for yotes / fox / groundhogs and paper punching . Shooting from 35 to 250 / 300 yards . I have Leupold on all my bolt guns and haven't had problems , so I need to know which model and what power youall like .

Thank you in advance for your time and help . I'm an OLD retired rookie.
Soup
Posted By: TWR Re: Krieger 1:7.7 barrel - 10/31/14
Yes they will shoot fine as long as it's not FMJ, a Krieger barrel deserves better.

Scopes all depend on what you like. I have 3.5-10's, a 1-6 and a 3x ACOG , they all work for your given ranges.
Posted By: cumminscowboy Re: Krieger 1:7.7 barrel - 10/31/14
its too bad they offer that twist as one of the few limited options. I don't ever see the need for any more than 1:8. I recently installed a criterion 8 twist hybrid barrel that is also 20" you can only get them chrome lined which I really have no use for and don't like. it shoots pretty good so far.
Posted By: wareagle700 Re: Krieger 1:7.7 barrel - 10/31/14
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
its too bad they offer that twist as one of the few limited options. I don't ever see the need for any more than 1:8. I recently installed a criterion 8 twist hybrid barrel that is also 20" you can only get them chrome lined which I really have no use for and don't like. it shoots pretty good so far.

You think you can tell a difference between a 7.7 and 8 twist?
Posted By: jimmyp Re: Krieger 1:7.7 barrel - 10/31/14
Hey soup I bet that barrel shoots 55's just fine.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Krieger 1:7.7 barrel - 10/31/14
No problem at all with 52smks... I suspect 55s will be ok.

I shot about 1000 of the 52s before I realized that the 223 needs bigger bullets in the wind past 200....
Posted By: cumminscowboy Re: Krieger 1:7.7 barrel - 10/31/14
Originally Posted by CBMJR
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy

You think you can tell a difference between a 7.7 and 8 twist?
yeah but 8 twist is really more than I want too
Posted By: rost495 Re: Krieger 1:7.7 barrel - 11/03/14
But it damn sure doesn't hurt anything...

I run /ran 52s in a 6.5 twist... more twist will generally be more damage on the recieving end too typically, if that matters.

© 24hourcampfire