Home
Posted By: kenoh2 DPMS 308 - 11/22/14
I've often considered an AR in 308. With Walmart's upcoming Black Friday sale, could this be the time?

DPMS .308 (LR-308 Sportical?) $914
20% off = $731.20 + tax.

I know it's an entry level rifle but the price is very appealing.

Did some more reading and it looks like DPMS also has a $50 rebate going on until 1/24/15!!

That would end up being $736 after tax and rebate.

Posted By: Dixie_Dude Re: DPMS 308 - 11/23/14
I have one and love it. Ergonomic, especially if you already have an AR-15. That is a dog gone good price.
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: DPMS 308 - 11/24/14
http://www.dpmsinc.com/LR-308B_ep_126-1.html

I've got the LR308B and like it very much. It has very little recoil for a 308. My first centerfire rifle was a model 788 Remington in 308 and it was a hard-kicking bitch. I perceive less recoil in my DPMS than I do in my 6.8SPC CMMG M-4. I have no way of knowing if the Walmart gun has as little recoil, but it sure looks like a great price.
Posted By: iambrb Re: DPMS 308 - 11/29/14
I bought one of those about 4 years back and have changed the stocks on it numerous times, latest will be a simple Magpul CTR. Mine came with a carbine-length free float tube with single rail underneath and while a bit ugly, it serves it's purpose so well that I cannot justify the cost increase of an aftermarket floating rail of whatever type, even the cheap ones on Ebay.

I originally had Bill Springfield take the trigger down to a manageable 4 pound pull, but have since gone away from that in favor of a Gieselle, mostly 'cause after Bill's work (which was good, despite what others here will say) I was having light primer strikes on Surplus ammo. This only started about two years after I had the work done, so it came out - that is an indicator of major wear and possible safety issue - I blame myself, not Bill, so just keep that in mind if you go this route.

Posted By: iambrb Re: DPMS 308 - 11/29/14
PS - mine has very little felt recoil, and with the new(er) trigger it easily shoots 3 @ 1/2 MOA at 100 yds and 1 MOA at 215 yds (the length of my free range), so again that factory float tube can be a bit ugly at that performance level
© 24hourcampfire