Home
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Fireclean - 11/26/14
Posted this in the Campfire section but didn't get any responses so I thought I'd try it here. Anyone use this stuff? Is it as good as they say? I've got a bottle and my AR was already coated with the stuff by my builder.

http://shop.cleanergun.com/
Posted By: jimmyp Re: Fireclean - 11/26/14
Dude don't know, I just wipe my bolt and carrier down once in a while and squirt some slip2000EWL in/on it.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Fireclean - 11/26/14
Never saw this. I wipe ours down after a couple hundred rounds and use CLP or Syn oil on them. Never really had any issues.
Posted By: Take_a_knee Re: Fireclean - 11/26/14
Fireclean works extremely well at preventing carbon build-up. I've read that it works better than other "new" lubes, IE Frog,etc in the cold but that is just hearsay. I haven't used it enough to say how long it lasts compared to CLP. I want to test fireclean on a NiBoron bolt/carrier to see if it'll last longer than CLP.
Posted By: ftbt Re: Fireclean - 11/26/14
I use it on my: PTR 91 KF, H&K Slb 2000, Sako .30-06, Tikka 9.3 x 62, CZ 550 .375 H&H, Glock 17, and Sig 226. So, I guess I do like it. The trick is: to thoroughly clean your old lube / CLP off your gun before treating the metal with Fireclean. Doesn't really work or mix well with other lubricants/protectants.
Posted By: deflave Re: Fireclean - 11/26/14
Fireclean is bad fuggin' ass.

If you have access to a sonic cleaner, use it. Then slop this schit all over whatever needs it.

Very impressed with it.

Travis
Posted By: rost495 Re: Fireclean - 11/26/14
Good info to know.

Not sure why I"d need anything different but again if it works better, when I run out of CLP, guess I know what I'll order next.

Thanks for all the positives, helps confirm or deny.
Frog Lube is good schit as well, but IMO Fireclean is better.

Travis
Posted By: WildWest Re: Fireclean - 11/26/14
How does this work with dyna bore coat?
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Fireclean - 11/26/14
Well if Travis says it's the shizzle, then I guess it was money well spent.

I was told it doesn't take much for this lube to do it's job and my builder has been using the same bottle for over 2 years now. The bcg on my rifle is from WMD and has the nickel boron coating, with the Fireclean added to it, it should last a very long time.
It's not cheap. But neither am I.

Unless we're talking dating. Then I am.

Travis
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Fireclean - 11/26/14
Originally Posted by deflave
It's not cheap. But neither am I.

Unless we're talking dating. Then I am.

Travis

No it isn't but take into consideration how long it lasts and IMO it's a bargain.

Posted By: RollnBones Re: Fireclean - 12/02/14
I have used it after reading about the positive attributes associated with carbon buildup while using suppressors. I had a shoot during the Sturgis Rally and used Mobil 1 after running out of FC and couldn't tell the difference. The guns were shot all day for 10 days. FWIW
Posted By: devnull Re: Fireclean - 09/14/15
I got to LMAO at this:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/09/13/yes-its-true-fireclean-is-crisco/

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...ct-publishes-statement-on-canolaoilgate/

Posted By: jimmyp Re: Fireclean - 09/14/15
BWAHAHAHAHAHA....use it on your TAVOR!!!

Larry Vicker's HAHAHAHAHAAH
© 24hourcampfire