Home
...a Rock River LAR-47 - an AR in 7.62x39, that takes AK magazines. They announced it well over a year ago, and they are finally hitting the market.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=458368760

now for the price to drop about $400 smirk
A couple of my friends both got one about a week ago. Both said they were accurate and functioned well. Might have to have one myself, once the price settles after the initial release.
Interesting, but not $1300 interesting.
I don't understand the point of the gun. it looks to me like its mostly proprietary parts exclusive to that gun. Its not like you can use the lower for example with a different upper that is purposed for something else. The 7.62x39 while a decent blasting/plinking round doesn't excell at anything. yeah its better at shooting people inside 200 yards than a 223 but thats it. at least with the 223 you get a zippy little round that makes a very effective varmiter, or you can load it with 75 grain bullets and shoot to 500 plus yards.
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
I don't understand the point of the gun. it looks to me like its mostly proprietary parts exclusive to that gun. Its not like you can use the lower for example with a different upper that is purposed for something else. The 7.62x39 while a decent blasting/plinking round doesn't excell at anything. yeah its better at shooting people inside 200 yards than a 223 but thats it. at least with the 223 you get a zippy little round that makes a very effective varmiter, or you can load it with 75 grain bullets and shoot to 500 plus yards.

It's so you can kill Russian Zombies and use their ammo, and still have a chance to hit something.
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Interesting, but not $1300 interesting.

A GOOD AK costs that, and its still an AK.
They can sell those for $700 and still make a nice profit.
Why drop the price when you have Johnny "first on my block" to have one of those willing to Overpay ??????
7.62x39 has a cult following, much like several cartridges on here...it'll sell initially, how long remains to be seen. I agree, most folks buying at that price probably waited in line for an iPhone 6, IMHO.

The Magpul AK mags were on the shelves in the LGS last night, first I'd seen.
I am curious to see how they will hold up over time. They took a while to release it following the announcement. I guess its a DI gun?
Thats just something I have never cared to own......at any price point.
I sold my AK recently, as it was insufficiently accurate, but I did keep ammo, dies, components, and AK mags. When the price comes down I'll probably get one smile
I like the x39 as a little short range deer gun.

I will be happy with my AR15 Upper and not a brand new gun that is rather limited in aftermarket parts and interchangeability.
I might try one. I use my mini 30 for actually shooting things during my work. I took a while to find the right gun/caliber. The 7.62x39mm fills the roll just about perfect. I do like my stainless ruger as I work in a saltwater environment. But I have had a tough time with the mags and they are freaking expensive.

I'd like to try one of the RRA with some magpuls to see how they stand up.
Originally Posted by CBMJR
Thats just something I have never cared to own......at any price point.

I'm with you.
© 24hourcampfire