Home
Posted By: splattermatic Suppressor question - 01/28/15
Buddy and I were talking and looking at the weight and lengths of some, we were wondering what if any poi changes occur and if accuracy was degraded.

I said accuracy should be the same or even better, but with a heavy can, poi would certainly change.

Who's got a heavy can, and what have you noticed?
Posted By: TC1 Re: Suppressor question - 01/28/15
I do and yes POI will change. Funny thing though, accuracy has actually increased with some loads with the can attached. I imagine it's just a harmonics issue.
Posted By: splattermatic Re: Suppressor question - 01/28/15
How much change in poi?
Posted By: deflave Re: Suppressor question - 01/28/15
Originally Posted by splattermatic
Buddy and I were talking and looking at the weight and lengths of some, we were wondering what if any poi changes occur and if accuracy was degraded.

I said accuracy should be the same or even better, but with a heavy can, poi would certainly change.

I have a heavy can and had no shift in POI. I cannot explain it, but it's UBER.

Accuracy has not changed on any of the four different rifles I have tested with the can. But POI has shifted on all of them except my AR.

Travis
I shoot KAC and AAC cans. Both shift POI and, as mentioned, some of my guns shoot better with cans than without.
Posted By: supercrewd Re: Suppressor question - 01/29/15
I do not speak from experience but it is said that screw on cans have less POI than QD cans.

Also accuracy is said to improve due to the reduced disruption of the bullets flight by escaping gas. Again no experience to back that up.
Posted By: martineta Re: Suppressor question - 01/30/15
I have a heavy can that's a quick detach YHM. I see a slight point of impact change on all the bolt or AR rifles a use it on. I sight my rifles in with the suppressor attached and move the suppressor to whatever rifle I am hunting with that day. If I am shooting, you can bet I will have the suppressor attached.
Posted By: supercrewd Re: Suppressor question - 01/30/15
I have the same one. I remember the groups being low right about 8" last time I compared POI shift.
Posted By: TXRam Re: Suppressor question - 02/01/15
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by splattermatic

I have a heavy can and had no shift in POI. I cannot explain it, but it's UBER.

Accuracy has not changed on any of the four different rifles I have tested with the can. But POI has shifted on all of them except my AR.

Travis

Travis, I'm curious, does the AR have a free-floating forearm or not? I would guess not but purely a guess - so that the forearm pressure negates the added weight on the end of the barrel.

Originally Posted by supercrewd
I have the same one. I remember the groups being low right about 8" last time I compared POI shift.

Wow, assuming that's at 100yds? Wouldn't have thought it would move that much.

I don't have a suppressor currently, but looking to get a couple here shortly.
© 24hourcampfire