Home
Posted By: nhFrank mini 14 - 03/22/15
Was looking at scope mounts , for a scout scope for my mini 14 , I seen these two any one use either one a amega or a ultimak and witch one would be the best to use
Posted By: viking Re: mini 14 - 03/24/15
Since nobody has replied yet, go to utube and search.
Posted By: nhFrank Re: mini 14 - 03/24/15
I have. Looked around at different sites but was hoping someone on the fire has used one or the other , and I never seen a topic on the scout mounts on here and it would be an interesting discussion . I guess not
Posted By: AH64guy Re: mini 14 - 03/24/15
The Scout scope movement seems to have slowed to the point of non-discussion.

With a Mini - IMHO, the factory scope mounts work for most owners, so not a huge need to spend another $150+ on a mount, and more dollars on a EER scope. YMMV.

Plus, with the expansion of affordable red dots, scout scopes have lost even more ground.

I don't disagree that the discussion is interesting, but not that many followers on here that I've seen. JMHO
Posted By: K1500 Re: mini 14 - 03/24/15
I have only use the factory ruger rings to mount either a 3x9 or a 1x3. The 1x3 was fast enough on 1x that I can't really see needing anything 'faster'.
Posted By: viking Re: mini 14 - 03/24/15
There are some picatinny type mounts for around 50 bucks. Then you can use 30 mm rings, eotechs or other sights...
Posted By: nhFrank Re: mini 14 - 03/24/15
Well. I guess I am back dated I picked up a scout scope for a good price , and knew some one with a set up like what I am looking for , and maybe some one that back in the day when we didn't have all the new options that have been brought up . that did have one or the other mounts and had an opinion on which one would be better
Posted By: TC1 Re: mini 14 - 03/25/15
I've heard a lot of folks like the Ultimak on the Mini 14 and it would work great for the scout scope. I haven't tried one myself.

You may do better with Mini 14 questions over on the Perfect Union.
Posted By: AH64guy Re: mini 14 - 03/25/15
Frank - your are not dated, if it works for you, it works.

Of the two, I'd try the Amega first.

I've been playing with the idea of a red dot on a Garand, may actually get around to it this Fall. I have looked at, but not shot, Amega Garand mount on a rifle in the past few years. It seemed solid and well made. Just my 2 cents...
Posted By: nhFrank Re: mini 14 - 03/26/15
Thanks for the replies
Posted By: nhFrank Re: mini 14 - 03/27/15
Ever since I went to that site TC1 suggested perfect union I have been getting a virus notice beware
Posted By: TC1 Re: mini 14 - 03/28/15
The perfect union is a legit site. I visit there several times a week and have a virus free computer.
Posted By: nhFrank Re: mini 14 - 03/28/15
I am not sure what happen I clicked on the link and I started getting message warning about virus's instantly ?
Posted By: viking Re: mini 14 - 03/28/15
About the only virus there is a commy named free.
Posted By: TC1 Re: mini 14 - 03/28/15
Originally Posted by viking
About the only virus there is a commy named free.

laugh
Posted By: BMT Re: mini 14 - 03/28/15
Originally Posted by AH64guy
The Scout scope movement seems to have slowed to the point of non-discussion.

It became a one-word discussion: "Aimpoint"

Posted By: jimmyp Re: mini 14 - 03/29/15
lots of Mini 14 love on Perfect Union, I liked the 1MOA story with the aimpoint, he did not say how many groups he shot before he got 3 to land into an inch from each other..150 yards with an aimpoint 1.5 inch groups....boy has some eye that is for sure... whistle I mean his keyboard has some eye...
Posted By: nhFrank Re: mini 14 - 03/29/15
A. Group like that a 150 yards I would love to see that .I know a couple guys that claim to be able to shoot like that until you go shooting with them than it is all excuses
Posted By: wareagle700 Re: mini 14 - 03/29/15
Lots of people will go out, not just with mini 14's, and shoot a few 3 shot groups which are statistically insufficient for measuring group size. When they get a bad group, its the ammo. When they get a decent group, it translates into that rifle being able to "do it all day long" and don't forget the famous "when I do my part".
Posted By: scottfromdallas Re: mini 14 - 03/29/15
Originally Posted by jimmyp
lots of Mini 14 love on Perfect Union, I liked the 1MOA story with the aimpoint, he did not say how many groups he shot before he got 3 to land into an inch from each other..150 yards with an aimpoint 1.5 inch groups....boy has some eye that is for sure... whistle I mean his keyboard has some eye...

Funny but true. I shot a 3/4" group once with my Min 14, then it is was back to very dicey accuracy at best. I still occasionally take it out to see if I can find a consistently accurate load. After a few groups, I start thinking "amI I just having a bad day, is it me?". I started bringing an AR or a bolt gun with me and it's not me.
© 24hourcampfire