Home
Posted By: Bluedreaux SilencerCo Omega - 05/26/15
Does anybody here have one? I'm thinking that it's got the right combination of length, weight and suppression to get me to finally buy one.
Posted By: wareagle700 Re: SilencerCo Omega - 05/26/15
I couldn't hold out any longer. I have one in jail, should be able to come home sometime in August. The reviews look awesome, I can't wait. Should make for a nice thread on can as well.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: SilencerCo Omega - 05/27/15
what do you like about them??
Posted By: wareagle700 Re: SilencerCo Omega - 05/27/15
Me?

They are very lightweight yet still full auto rated, can have an overall length of 6", you can change out mounting system from their ASR (quick detach) mount to direct thread (5/8-24 or 1/2-28), they have flat front caps for 5.56, 7.62, or their anchor brake, and they are rated from 5.7 up to 300 RUM. Basically any centerfire cartridge .30 cal or less will work. On top of all that, they are one of the quietest .30 cal cans on the market while being one of the smallest.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: SilencerCo Omega - 05/27/15
something to think about.
Posted By: Bluedreaux Re: SilencerCo Omega - 05/27/15
What he said. I can have one can that will go as small as 6" / 12ish ounces of I want to direct thread it to carry at work. Or I can use it in a BO and get suppression down into the low 120 db range. And it's rated up to anything I'll ever own.
Posted By: RyeDaddy Re: SilencerCo Omega - 05/28/15
I own a few 30 caliber titanium precision oriented suppressors I use for long range and hunting, and I bought an Omega from Silencer Shop in January, should clear any day now. When the form clears I'm going to drive down to Austin to pick it up, will probably stop at a range and shoot it on the way home.

If you're anywhere near a range between Austin and Fort Worth I'd be glad to meet up with you and let you shoot it when I make my road trip to get it. I'll have my 300 BLK SBR with me, and will probably also bring another can to compare. It'll probably be on a Monday, if you're interested PM me.

I've used an Omega at a demo Silencer Shop put on up in Greenville about a month ago and it's impressive. Fired back to back against a Specwar762 and a Saker 762 on a Tavor 5.56 it was noticeably lighter, and seemed quieter at the ear than the other 2, with less gas blowback. I think it's all they say it is.
Posted By: Bluedreaux Re: SilencerCo Omega - 05/28/15
If you don't mind, PM me when you find out when you'll be coming through. I might be able to meet up and it'd be great to try one out. My PMs come to my email so I'll get it quick.
Posted By: RyeDaddy Re: SilencerCo Omega - 05/28/15
Wilco
Posted By: JPro Re: SilencerCo Omega - 05/29/15
As Louisiana now allows big game hunting with cans, I also may take the plunge and look into getting one. The Omega is at the top of my list. I'll be interested to hear about further reviews.
Posted By: wareagle700 Re: SilencerCo Omega - 05/29/15
It seemed to do pretty good here:

ETA: Link fixed.

https://youtu.be/iL2Q2DIX76o
Posted By: rost495 Re: SilencerCo Omega - 05/29/15
I see they don't make my thunderbeast anymroe, but the reduction in Db seems similar, and in a can that will go 300 mag, whats not to like?
© 24hourcampfire