Home
I am trying to decide on a new AR 15 optic. I started thinking about a 3-9 NF, then 1-4 or another 1-6. The TA31 with inverse horseshoe is supposed to have BAC for I guess close range shooting? I am sure not as fast as an aimpoint up close but maybe a decent general purpose optic. I plan to use it at night with a super high lumen gun mounted flashlight, does anyone know if it will wash out with a bright light?
I had the TA31F for a while but ended with a variable power scope. The ACOG had very short eye relief which caused me to collapse my stock so much that I felt scrunched up. I also wasn't a fan of the fixed 4X and BDC reticle. As for using with a light, I think I remember them staying dim rather than gathering the light from the flashlight.
Originally Posted by jimmyp
I plan to use it at night with a super high lumen gun mounted flashlight, does anyone know if it will wash out with a bright light?

Yes it will.

The ACOG's time has passed. While there is nothing "wrong" with them, for the same money one can get a much more versatile scope without the eye relief issues.
Rats.
TA11
© 24hourcampfire