Home
My local walmart has a package deal.

Colt
Item is LE6920HAWK-FDE

The kit contains:
1. the rifle
2. A Pelican Case
3. A package of survival stuff that I don't care either way about.

The package had an original retail of $1700
I can get the package for $700

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h385/alaskaLTZ/pix257838288_zpse50a6532.jpg

My son knocks the handguard but thinks the price is great even if I had to replace the guard.
the front sight is an A-2 sight/gas block.

Questions:
If I decided to put a regular type hunting scope, would the front sight be in the way??
Is it a good deal?
Is the rifle any good at this price?
When you put a scope on it you probably will never see the sight especially past 3x

I think its a pretty good deal If you even threw out every thing except the rifle and case not bad

1700 NO WAY but 700 YES way

Just my 2cents
Hank
That is a great deal.
Even if it were just the rifle with no upgrades $700 is a heck of a deal.
The post is not visible above 2.5x IME.

That is also a good deal IME

My local Walmart has all Colt AR15 rifles on clearance for $699
Wow. I thought I stole one earlier this year for $875. Almost makes me want to get another at that price.
Wow! Most of that stuff I wouldn't need either but it's an excellent deal.
The guy behind the counter said AR sales are flat so corporate said clear them out with little to no re stock

They had all the AR's and tactical junk red tagged
Originally Posted by rphguy
My local walmart has a package deal.

Colt
Item is LE6920HAWK-FDE

The kit contains:
1. the rifle
2. A Pelican Case
3. A package of survival stuff that I don't care either way about.

The package had an original retail of $1700
I can get the package for $700

Buy.

Travis
maybe we will see some cheap ar parts now
wow, wish tehre was a deal like that here.
oh hell yeah after I looked at the picture.... wow.
Has to be an individual store thing. My local WM sells neither ARs or rimfire ammo.
Great deal . I bought the pelican case off amazon for nearly two hundred dollars.
My local Walmart NEVER has these deals.
I think I can make MS in a single days drive pretty easy... if I knew where the store was..
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
My local Walmart NEVER has these deals.

Loser.

(Mine either)

Travis
Originally Posted by rost495
I think I can make MS in a single days drive pretty easy... if I knew where the store was..

No schit. I'd buy every one they had.

Dave
That's a hell of a deal! If my local store had them, I'd buy every one they had in stock!
Just called our 2 local stores, and I was told they had sold them all two weeks ago. They then told me Walmart will no longer being stocking ANY AR-15's ! Just one more reason for me to hate friggin Walmart!
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Just called our 2 local stores, and I was told they had sold them all two weeks ago. They then told me Walmart will no longer being stocking ANY AR-15's ! Just one more reason for me to hate friggin Walmart!

Hahahaha! Snooze you lose, loser!

Travis
They might do a store transfer....? Anybody tried that?
I called every Wallmart within a 150 mile radius of here. Same answer from all of them.

Like Travis said, you snooze you lose! cry

Eric, last Walmart I was in at your locale didn't even sell guns!
Frickin anti-gun bastards!!! mad
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

They only transfer to Gentiles.

Leaves Campfire members out.

Dave
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

They only transfer to Gentiles.

Leaves Campfire members out.

Dave

Maybe you can send TRH to buy you one! wink
hell just the upper is worth that here.
Walmart's ways are a mystery. The ones around here are full of AR's, but I dunno, maybe they're closing them out. I'll have to pay more attention.
You better go check, then. They told me all there stores were closing them out and will no longer carry them. Buy me two or three while your at it wink
You better go check, then. They told me all there stores were closing them out and will no longer carry them. Buy me two or three while your at it wink
Walmart's got a long history of back and forth on guns. Around here, at one time, you could buy a large array of handguns...just at a regular Walmart. Back then, there were only a few "Super Walmarts" that were open all day. The rest were just open 'til 9. I remember stuff like model 617 Smith's and Ruger Redhawks for sale around here. But they'll jump in or out according to the prevailing political winds. Recently, I haven't seen that much anti-AR publicity, but who knows what their thing is.

A buddy and I went to Walmart to check out some Colts, but they didn't have any. They had some oly arms for $650.00. Didn't look too bad for the coin. Wish I knew more about these things... crazy
don't have to know anything really. You like what you see? Like the cost? Most any work and go bang and are good enough for the majority of folks.
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

A buddy and I went to Walmart to check out some Colts, but they didn't have any. They had some oly arms for $650.00. Didn't look too bad for the coin. Wish I knew more about these things... crazy

In that price range I'd get a smooth sided M&P.

Travis
I checked my "home" Walmart. This Walmart for the past several years has had Windhams, Colts, DPMS, SIG's and Bushmasters. No AR's today. None. The guy said they had blown them out. $1200 guns for $600 and some as low as $300.
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

In that price range I'd get a smooth sided M&P. Travis

Agreed. My S&W M&P 15 has worked well for a Ranch gun.
I checked my "home" Walmart. This Walmart for the past several years has had Windhams, Colts, DPMS, SIG's and Bushmasters. No AR's today. None. The guy said they had blown them out. $1200 guns for $600 and some as low as $300.

No AR's at mine either. And it was chock full previously. Not sure what I missed but I bought a few knives @ 50% off.

Travis

No AR's at mine either. And it was chock full previously. Not sure what I missed but I bought a few knives @ 50% off.

Travis
I don't go look at the AR's every time I walk in one, but the last time I looked, mine was full up too.

I actually bought a couple of knives too. Buck folders.
I grabbed this for my son for $20.00.

http://www.gerbergear.com/Tactical/Knives/Mini-Covert-FAST-Knife_22-41967

And I got two Swiss Army Recruits for $9.00 a piece. Can't beat that schit!

Travis

Travis
That's pretty impressive. I used to carry Swiss Army's all the time. I've gotten to where I just carry a good-sized lockback. The SA's are still a good idea though and I'm sure there are several laying around here. Hell, I've got so many knives I can't remember what all I've got. I found one last night I'd forgot about.

I checked the four closest Walmart's and there was not an AR to be found. They are cleaned. A friend of mine does not share my disdain for the Judge and likes them so well he bought a Circuit Judge. They had these at Walmart for $549. They had no more as they blew them out for $250. I saw the empty rack and the price stickers. Same thing with 12 Ga. 870 Express Tactical models. $200. All gone. Everything on sale is gone.

Travis

Damn. That's a hell of a deal on that Mini-Covert ! I'll have to go by and check my local store. I own the auto or switchblade version of both the Mini and Full size Applegate Coverts. They are SV 30 Steel, which is pretty damn tough, IMO.

Travis, Is the one you bought made of SV 30 ?
I really don't know.

He told me he'd like a single blade pocket knife with a clip. No multi-tool type. So when I saw it I grabbed it and hid it when I got home.

His birthday is next month.

Travis
Cool. Sounds like you are a pretty good Dad.
Michigan folks: I don't even know where Jackson is, but a guy commented on an article saying he didn't believe this as he was in Walmart last night and they were stocked up on AR's. He could be lying...he might not be in Jackson, but...just a heads-up for those wanting an AR. I have no idea if that Walmart has discounted them.
Cool. Sounds like you are a pretty good Dad.

I'm not.

But it's a nice knife.

Travis
© 24hourcampfire