Home
Posted By: hotdog Walmart Deal on Windham AR - 08/22/15
I just bought my first AR, it's a Windham SRC mod.WW-15 223/5.56. They had them for $350 for gun,hard case, and 30 rd clip. I've looked at some reviews online for the Windham rifle, and they all seem to be good. Do any of you guys own one, and what do you think about them?

[Linked Image]
Damn!!! That's cheap! Never owned a Windham AR-15, but I've owned several Bushmasters over the years. And I was thinking that Windham used to be Bushmaster before they sold out to Remington.
Posted By: deflave Re: Walmart Deal on Windham AR - 08/22/15
Originally Posted by hotdog
I just bought my first AR, it's a Windham SRC mod.WW-15 223/5.56. They had them for $350 for gun,hard case, and 30 rd clip. I've looked at some reviews online for the Windham rifle, and they all seem to be good. Do any of you guys own one, and what do you think about them?

[Linked Image]

You did well.

Travis
Posted By: JGray Re: Walmart Deal on Windham AR - 08/27/15
Sounds like you did well - you couldn't touch any AR for twice that when I took the plunge. I have their Varmint Exterminator - it was my first AR also. I shot it quite a bit when I first bought it but haven't worked with it much lately. It does shoot 55 gr and lighter "varmint weight" bullets better than the heavies, but that's what I bought it for. It's sub-MOA with most loads - some in the 1/2 MOA range. The factory trigger was pretty rough and inconsistent - to the point of struggling to break a clean shot. It now has a Geissele trigger - big improvement.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Walmart Deal on Windham AR - 08/27/15
man, another .5 moa gun, need to shoot the challenge!

BTW thats a magazine, not a clip.

Good job. Good deal.
arrgh. I checked the local WM to see if they had any, but they had no guns of any kind, just ammo.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Walmart Deal on Windham AR - 08/28/15
Heard a news report yesterday that Wally's will be getting out of the AR business. Lack of sales, more room for hunting rifles etc etc. No clue as to validity of story. ALl of US or just certain markets.

I'll try to get to my local Wally's today while in town to see if they have one of those WIndhams. SOunds like a great price.

Geno
I picked up an DPMS sportical AR for $250.
Posted By: g5m Re: Walmart Deal on Windham AR - 08/28/15
Local Walmart never handled many AR's when I looked and had none when this sale went on.
The Windhams I have seen have been very good. The company responds to questions and I think you'll be very happy with that purchase.
Posted By: hotdog Re: Walmart Deal on Windham AR - 08/28/15
This was the last ar my local Walmart had left. The manager told me they had sold 13 the day before, and one guy bought 7. All the reviews that I've read online about have been good about windham.
Posted By: Anjin Re: Walmart Deal on Windham AR - 08/30/15
Originally Posted by hotdog
This was the last ar my local Walmart had left. The manager told me they had sold 13 the day before, and one guy bought 7. All the reviews that I've read online about have been good about windham.

You lucked out as to timing. They are all long gone. There have been many good reviews of the Windham line.
Posted By: hotdog Re: Walmart Deal on Windham AR - 08/30/15
Yes I just got lucky on this gun purchase. This is my first ar and I had no ideal how much you can accessorize these these rifles. I'm glad I got it so cheap, because I have a feeling that I'll have a lot of money in it by the time I get it the way I want it.
© 24hourcampfire