Home
Posted By: RoninPhx lazer and lites for ar - 11/20/15
what would some recommendations be including mount for a light system for a ar15a4 and a lazer for same?
Posted By: jimmyp Re: lazer and lites for ar - 11/20/15
not sure you want a laser, but any of the steamlight or surfire lights are good. How about a TLR-1HL at Amazon for just over a hundred bucks...
Posted By: Steelhead Re: lazer and lites for ar - 11/20/15
Or you can get both in on.

Surefire 400

or a Streamlight TLR-2
Posted By: wareagle700 Re: lazer and lites for ar - 11/20/15
I'll second the Streamlight TLR-1 or Surefire (weapon light for flashlight) suggestion. I have both and they are great.

Never really needed a laser.
Posted By: reelman Re: lazer and lites for ar - 11/20/15
Streamlight TLR-1HPL for distance and wide angle close up stuff. If you want a laser go with the TLR-2HL but I've never seen a use for a laser on a handgun let alone a rifle.
Posted By: rost495 Re: lazer and lites for ar - 11/20/15
while you say there is no use for a laser, one can use a laser. Its one of quite a few different ways to aim a weapon.

The need is not a need, as much as a want, its a need because you have to have SOME form of aiming...

A laser works REALLY good on my 22 with a suppressor in the yard at night with whatever Tiger trees or corners... go out, grab the gun, when the dot hits the armadillo etc.. pfft...

No need to align sights, make sure there is good light on the target to see the irons etc...

Its all in what both your demands and desires/wants are
Posted By: Steelhead Re: lazer and lites for ar - 11/20/15
My night yard gun is light/laser.
Posted By: toltecgriz Re: lazer and lites for ar - 11/20/15
If you
Originally Posted by wareagle700

Never really needed a laser.

Put the laser on the target and folks get downright negotiable.
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: lazer and lites for ar - 11/21/15
No need for a laser, you'll never encounter bad guys in low light conditions...
Posted By: reelman Re: lazer and lites for ar - 11/21/15
If you do put a laser on a weapon I would recommend making sure it's either on top or bottom of the gun. When it's to the side then you have to compensate for both elevation and windage, if it's above or below you just need to compensate for elevation.

If you want real fun put a Crimson Trace on a handgun. No you get to compensate for windage, elevation, and off set because the laser is lower, right and offset from the bore. Thankfully for a defense gun it's not really an issue at the ranges you shoot them.
Originally Posted by reelman
Streamlight TLR-1HPL for distance and wide angle close up stuff. If you want a laser go with the TLR-2HL but I've never seen a use for a laser on a handgun let alone a rifle.

You will after your governor takes the half of of the Syrian refugees Chickenlooper doesn't takes.
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: lazer and lites for ar - 11/21/15
I was talking to a marine corp friend, one for the light and i have this probably misspelled was a MKE1a, and a lazer i think the PQ15. The problem is twofold on that lazer is very hight intensity, restricted to military and law enforcement and expensive.
About a year ago, i stuck a gifted to me surefire on a glock 20. Been on there ever since. Mostly used when i have to light up the night sky which it really does a job of. I have hesitancy of these toys in a way, as i was always taught to hold a flashlight away from the body to avoid being a target.
I knew a deputy that got shot by holding a flashlight too close. But, these are really bright and i don't think you would want to look at one of them.
The lazer in combination with light are for really black nights up in the forest north of here. It's really black. It would seem to be a quick and instinctive aid in those situations.
I don't worry so much about the syrian issue as much as a normal one here, called narcos and cartels. I kind of like that control on the pistol light, just touch it for on/off or you can leave it on.
I am going to look the suggestions up, thank you.
Posted By: reelman Re: lazer and lites for ar - 11/21/15
The PQ15 is way more than required for civilians. You do not need to "light up" a target for incoming F16s nor do most people use night vision to justify the $1500+ price tag. Add to it the lasers on it are not eye safe! I used to sell these to law enforcement and even for police I think they would be as well served with a Streamlight or Surefire.
Posted By: rost495 Re: lazer and lites for ar - 11/21/15
Stinger types, like scorpion X I think we use now, LED bulb, lights up my deer feeder at 186 yards at night enough to see anything there. Battery life is long.

Use it for trailing deer a few times, 3-4 hours and its still good for anotehr go around.

39 bucks or so.

Not many ways to go wrong there.
Posted By: RickyD Re: lazer and lites for ar - 11/23/15
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by reelman

You will after your governor takes the half of of the Syrian refugees Chickenlooper doesn't takes.
His governor, Scott Walker, is on record opposing taking any.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: lazer and lites for ar - 11/24/15
the president is on record for saying he will force the states to take them, he is also on record deporting Christians refugees and accepting moslim refugees, does anyone have any proof that Allah is not another name for Beelzebul?
© 24hourcampfire