Home
Posted By: kudu3 Best LH AR - 11/25/15
I have an old dpms lh ar which I have not shot much. I have been thinking about getting a new lh ar like the stag 3gl or the 3tl. Is anyone familiar with these? Is the 3gl worth the extra money for the trigger alone? I will not shoot any competition, only fun or shtf gun. Any other left hand ar to consider?

Thanks for any input,

Dean
Posted By: BarryC Re: Best LH AR - 11/25/15
The best LH AR is a RH AR.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Best LH AR - 11/25/15
A buddy has a Stag LH and loves it.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Best LH AR - 11/25/15
i have 2 stags.

model 6 varminter that is very accurate.

and a 3 that works well.

added a Raptor charging handle to each one.

Posted By: NVhntr Re: Best LH AR - 11/25/15
+1 on the Raptor charge handle. I'm a righty and I love the option of charging on the right. Much easier than reaching around to the left side of a scope.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Best LH AR - 11/25/15
I've got a Stag in 6.8 and also have the 3TL in .556. I've been very pleased with both rifles. Both are accurate and I've never had a jam in either one. They build great AR's IMO.
I've also got several other AR's including Colt's, Bushmaster, Remington R-15s, and a Les Baer Super Varmint Model. The Stags are as accurate as any of my other AR15's, except for my Les Baer AR.
Posted By: kudu3 Re: Best LH AR - 11/25/15
Thanks for all the feedback. I really appreciate it.

Dean
Posted By: mrwiggins Re: Best LH AR - 11/25/15
i'm a lefty and the AR's with ambi controls are great, with the shell deflector, you won't have a problem with a right handed AR, but the controls can be a pain, particularly the magazine release.
Posted By: BarryC Re: Best LH AR - 11/26/15
What problem do you have with RH ARs?
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Best LH AR - 11/26/15
Everybody I've ever met with a Stag LH loves them.
Posted By: Mesabi Re: Best LH AR - 11/26/15
My wrong-handed nephew went back and forth between Stag and RRA and ended-up with the RRA; he's been very happy with it.
Posted By: kk alaska Re: Best LH AR - 12/03/15
Who makes a 1-7 or 1-8 twist 20" LH AR? Or upper.
Want a 20" prefer flat top or folding sights fast twist.
© 24hourcampfire