Home
Posted By: rockchucker triggers for my ar's - 02/04/16
looking to upgrade my triggers in my 2 hunting / farm ar-15. would like to get something that breaks nice and smooth like on my rem 700s but dont want to spend a fortune.

what do you all suggest?
Posted By: lynntelk Re: triggers for my ar's - 02/05/16
There is this one for $125 if you can wait.
LaRue MBT

Or one of these for $220.
Geissele Trigger

Just depends on how good you want.
Posted By: GuideGun Re: triggers for my ar's - 02/05/16
Speaking with limited experience here but I just finished my first AR and I used a Geissele SSA-E in it. Let me tell you what though, it's one of the nicest triggers I've ever got behind. Suuuuuper crisp and smooth. Realize they are around $240, but you can find them cheaper sometimes. I bought mine for $180 from PSA on sale. To me it was money well spent. YMMV.
Posted By: BluMtn Re: triggers for my ar's - 02/05/16
Timney triggers. I guess they now make a 2 stage also, but I prefer their single stage. Most like a rifle trigger.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: triggers for my ar's - 02/05/16
Geissele triggers rock. Watch for sales if your not in a rush.
Personally, I'm happy with the G2S trigger. Picked one up on Black Friday for $115.
Posted By: AH64guy Re: triggers for my ar's - 02/05/16
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Personally, I'm happy with the G2S trigger. Picked one up on Black Friday for $115.

I agree - but they are expensive, unless you catch the sale.

This is also a good trigger, and currently under $100 delivered. I've used several of these with good results:

https://rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=294
Posted By: jimmyp Re: triggers for my ar's - 02/05/16
The Ssa-e is a good trigger, the G2S is OK, RrA varmint is pretty good but may not be as durable
Posted By: logger Re: triggers for my ar's - 02/05/16
Originally Posted by NVhntr

I've read about the Black Friday sales and wondered if there is any pattern to when those types of sales occur?
I'f you subscribe to the email notices from the parts vendors they will keep you informed of current sales.
Posted By: deere2320 Re: triggers for my ar's - 02/05/16
Originally Posted by BluMtn
Timney triggers. I guess they now make a 2 stage also, but I prefer their single stage. Most like a rifle trigger.

What he said TIMNEY...
Posted By: OutlawPatriot Re: triggers for my ar's - 02/05/16
I have the Geissele SSA-E trigger and it's the nicest trigger I have felt in this platform. It will cost around $200 on sale though.
Posted By: boatboy Re: triggers for my ar's - 02/05/16
Originally Posted by lynntelk
There is this one for $125 if you can wait.
LaRue MBT

Or one of these for $220.
Geissele Trigger

Just depends on how good you want.

I felt the Larue at the shot show its really awesome

I wonder how long the wait for the "deal" price

I am almost tempted to order one
Hank
Posted By: Dantheman Re: triggers for my ar's - 02/05/16
I installed a Hipertouch 24E. Trigger pull is right around
3 lbs. The great thing about the Hipertouch design is that the hammer strike is supposed to be 30% heavier. Usually the lighter the trigger pull the lighter the hammer strike which can cause issues with surplus ammo. Right around $200.

Dan
Posted By: Slider1 Re: triggers for my ar's - 02/05/16
I have a Geissele SSA 4.5 lbs total pull weight in my AR15. The Geissele SSA E is 3.5 lb total pull weight. I have one sitting on the bench passionately waiting for an AR10 that's in the Mail. If you are going to keep the gun get a GEISSELE!!! If you are going to sell the gun down the road spend about $125.
Posted By: Esox357 Re: triggers for my ar's - 02/05/16
After using a Geissele, you won't want to use anything else!
Geissele triggers are outstanding!
Posted By: tjm10025 Re: triggers for my ar's - 02/05/16
Originally Posted by rockchucker
looking to upgrade my triggers in my 2 hunting / farm ar-15.

Nothing wrong with a 2-stage trigger, IMO, for either application.

Originally Posted by Slider1
I have a Geissele SSA 4.5 lbs total pull weight in my AR15. The Geissele SSA E is 3.5 lb total pull weight. I have one sitting on the bench passionately waiting for an AR10 that's in the Mail. If you are going to keep the gun get a GEISSELE!!! If you are going to sell the gun down the road spend about $125.

If I'm going to sell the gun, the Geissele stays with me and the stock trigger goes back in.
Posted By: lynntelk Re: triggers for my ar's - 02/06/16
I've got experience with both. The LaRue is a great trigger for ~$100 less cost. If I did not have a Geissle, I could still be very happy with the LaRue.
Will you be having a gunsmith install your new triggers?

If you are, you might want to ask them what they have had good luck with and what they might be able to get you at a good price.
© 24hourcampfire