Home
Posted By: deerhunter5555 Which Geissele? - 02/07/16
For my 6920 Colt LE Cabine? Mostly close range work. (Under 200 yards)
Posted By: MallardAddict Re: Which Geissele? - 02/07/16
I love my S3G for a hybrid, SSA-E for precision work
Posted By: R_H_Clark Re: Which Geissele? - 02/07/16
I like the SSA-E because you get a precision trigger that has no set screws to get loose or lost.
Posted By: Esox357 Re: Which Geissele? - 02/07/16
SSA-E is great!
Posted By: wareagle700 Re: Which Geissele? - 02/07/16
SSA, SSA-E, or SD-E. Any of them are great.
Posted By: TWR Re: Which Geissele? - 02/07/16
The G2S is cheaper and works for me.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: Which Geissele? - 02/07/16
G2S is safer on a multi purpose gun in my opinion. The SSA-E goes off pretty easy, I have 4 of the E's but the G2S is in my "multipurpose" gun. Use a std trigger spring if you go that way
Posted By: cumminscowboy Re: Which Geissele? - 02/07/16
a RRA NM trigger for 62 bucks is a better deal given your requirements.
Posted By: R_H_Clark Re: Which Geissele? - 02/08/16
Originally Posted by jimmyp
G2S is safer on a multi purpose gun in my opinion. The SSA-E goes off pretty easy, I have 4 of the E's but the G2S is in my "multipurpose" gun. Use a std trigger spring if you go that way

I guess I don't understand the "goes off pretty easy" in reference to a two stage trigger. I would completely understand if the 1.5lbs was on a single stage.
Posted By: deerhunter5555 Re: Which Geissele? - 02/08/16
Originally Posted by jimmyp
Why use the standard spring?
Posted By: jimmyp Re: Which Geissele? - 02/08/16
I did not care for the flimsy looking black spring that came with it and TWR recommended this configuration. People are inclined to do what they want,the G2S is a bit heavier pull am not sure I want a light trigger of any sort on a multipurpose gun. This is my opinion only. Hunting and Target shooting are separate considerations
Posted By: TWR Re: Which Geissele? - 02/08/16
The "flimsy looking spring" is a good spring, it just has a heavier rate than a regular trigger spring. I still use the heavy hammer spring that comes with the G2S but replacing the trigger return spring with standard drops the pull weight a pound.

In fact in my Colt 6920 that uses an Aimpoint, I left the trigger as it was new, the extra pull weight isn't a bad thing on a home defense gun.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: Which Geissele? - 02/08/16
Let's argue about springs now! That black spring looks a bit flimsy! smile
Posted By: OutlawPatriot Re: Which Geissele? - 02/09/16
I have the SSA-E and it's a great trigger.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Which Geissele? - 02/09/16
All Geissele triggers are great triggers. I have a couple of the G2S and love them. For close work as you mentioned a G2S would work fine.
I put a trigger gauge on a buddy's SSA and it actually pulled a couple ounces heavier than my G2S. The pull will vary a bit between triggers.
Posted By: R_H_Clark Re: Which Geissele? - 02/10/16
Originally Posted by NVhntr
All Geissele triggers are great triggers. I have a couple of the G2S and love them. For close work as you mentioned a G2S would work fine.
I put a trigger gauge on a buddy's SSA and it actually pulled a couple ounces heavier than my G2S. The pull will vary a bit between triggers.

To me the Geissele SSA isn't much different from a national match trigger. The SSA-E is vastly different.
Posted By: devnull Re: Which Geissele? - 02/10/16
I have an SSA-E and it's light. It's on the verge of almost being too light for cold weather hunting. I do light it for target work.
Posted By: R_H_Clark Re: Which Geissele? - 02/10/16
Originally Posted by devnull
I have an SSA-E and it's light. It's on the verge of almost being too light for cold weather hunting. I do light it for target work.

I suppose it depends on how thick your gloves are and what you are use to. What's the pull on your other hunting rifles?

I would think it was too light if it weren't for the first stage which you should be able to feel and the wall for the second stage is easily found also. I do however hunt in the south and light gloves are all that's ever necessary.
© 24hourcampfire