Home
I'm pretty partial to 75 HPBTs or Vmaxes for accuracy and usually just buy XM193 or the like for plinking. Seems it's just about cheaper to buy loaded than components alone when you buy bulk while on sale. We all know the accuracy of said ammo is nothing to write home about. I've tried several other varmint type pills that were not too pricey and shoot decent, just curious what you guys like when it comes to low cost pills for loading large lots of plinking ammo.

Thanks,

loder
Whatever 50 or 55 gr sp varmint bullets I can find in bulk. I've used Midsouth's bulk varmint bullets and they've shot quite well.
For large lots of plinking ammo I use the Hornady 55 gr. FMJ. Soft points are usually more expensive and not necessary for the type of plinking we do.
I like 55 grain hornady Sp. they are usually around 10 bucks per 100 and quite accurate
Originally Posted by Dude270
I like 55 grain hornady Sp. they are usually around 10 bucks per 100 and quite accurate

Uh huh. What he said.
I have been getting PMC 55gr for .35 a round locally, it's hard to pencil out reloading for that price. I usually just grab whatever 55gr FMJ's I can pickup cheap for reloading plinking ammo. I figure it costs me .25 cents a round to reload plus my time for 55gr fodder. For 69/75 grain ammo, I save a bunch reloading.
If you don't want to reload for plinking but want decent brass cased ammo, it's hard to beat the bulk Wolf Gold at about 30 cents a round. It's made in Taiwan, not Russia, and shoots as good as any of the 55gr. plinker ammo.
What ever Shooters Proshop has for cheap.
© 24hourcampfire